Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgrade to SMF 2.0  (Read 56169 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Upgrade to SMF 2.0
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:06:11 am »

I just upgraded to SMF 2.0 for security reasons.  Send me a PM/email if there are issues other than the ones described below.

Currently we are working through some package incompatibilities.  Hopefully they'll all be sorted out soon, but currently the following features aren't going to work:
  • Spoilers
  • Option to hide signature images
  • Hidden post counts
  • The extra information at the top of each board (broken in old themes -- temporarily on a new theme so that these are still visible)
  • Search currently disabled as it crashes the site

More advice from Janus: "By the way, an issue to expect: if people have any problems such as textboxes running off the page, BBCode buttons missing, or anything else like that, the solution is for that person to clear their browser cache or do a full page refresh (not just a normal page refresh). In Firefox for example, the way to do a full page refresh is to hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Reload button."

The forum appears to now be enforcing the 80x80 avatar rule we established back when we allowed avatars.  For the largest results, keep your avatars square.

The margins on the classic them are a bit wider.  The Darkling theme still has small margins.  I'll see if that can be fixed easily.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:58:26 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!