Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arena Question [Wrong section, didn't check Topic Area before Posting]  (Read 2355 times)

Fischer541

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I've been thinking of making an arena, but don't want to have to link up a cage to a lever and have it be a one shot deal. But rather have several rooms to contain different animals/humanoids.  Will building a one unit pit from above allow me to keep the creatures inside? And will they be unable to escape said room? (Never made pits before). The rooms in question would have floodgates as doorways... Or should I put grates on those pits to make sure they can't come back up?

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless the creature you're pitting can fly, they'll be stuck down there. It would be wise to place a hatch over the opening, though, because otherwise your dwarves will be terrified of the prisoners.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile

Use bridges for the doors, just incase you catch a troll.

And make sure that you put hatches on the pits, so that your dwarves don't freak out every time they get near them, because a creature is making a mean face at him from down in that pit.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.