Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: PrideUnited! A platinum war hammer!  (Read 36293 times)

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
PrideUnited! A platinum war hammer!
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:05:26 am »

Is platinum good for hammers? because I got a platinum axe awhile back and it was terrible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:46:03 am by noah22223 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PrideUnited! A platinum war hammer!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:07:20 am »

THE BEST. And I mean it. Weight counts for hammers, platinum is the heaviest. For edged weapons platinum isn't good, but for hammers and maces it's THE weapon material. Lucky boy.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:09:54 am »

Welp. Time to throw it into the hand of my forts leader/general, watch as he, his adamantine armor, and his artifact platinum war hammer destroys everything. Oh, and he has been trained extensivly as a hammerdorf as he used to be a crossbowman.
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:20:11 am »

Heaviest material next to slade, yes.  Makes fantastic hammers.  See if you can't get a platinum shield as well (look for any migrants who like shields, and then let them become armorsmiths).  Shield bashing is a blunt attack, so heavier is better.

I got an artifact silver mace one time.  That thing ripped through enemies.  Two hits, broken arm and broken ribs, on the ground unconscious, next shot bashes the skull.  Glorious.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:23:52 am »

And platinum is around 2 times as heavy as silver IIRC.

But don't be overconfident, every weapon is only as good as the soldier using it and the soldier using it is only as good as his armor and shield. Give him full masterwork, train him and then watch the carnage!
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:28:34 am »

Holy crap I just tested it against 3 newly-gotten gobbo captives, its like a goddamn LAWNMOWER.
Goddammit.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 08:51:59 am »

A fine artifact my friend.  Congrats on such a wonderful weapon.  Now smite your foes in true dwarven fashion.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:11:07 am »

next stage would be the field-test: how far can you captain BASH the gobos away with it.

the good ol platinum warhammer... I just wish i could get an artefact platinum Whip

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 10:17:38 am »

First off: Nice...
Secondly post the whole description of it. A sweetass beatin' stick with a name that hardcore is probably decorated with some nice stuff.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »

Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusrozsnus by the dwarves of Imushusen in 51. There is an image of a fungiwood in goblin bone.
 There is an image of an elf and a dwarf in elf bone. the dwarf is striking down the elf. It is menaces with spikes of faint yellow diamond.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:59:16 pm by noah22223 »
Goddammit.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:10:34 pm »

Elf-bone, goblin-bone, elves getting killed, goblins getting killed, spikes... A FUNGIWOOD!!!

Awesome :D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 08:31:30 pm »

This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusrozsnus by the dwarves of Imushushen in 51. There is an image of a fungiwood in goblin bone.
 There is an image of an elf and a dwarf in elf bone. the dwarf is striking down the elf. It is menaces with spikes of faint yellow diamond.
That thing has to be the most dwarfy weapon ever.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:35:48 pm »

A spike of diamond, for when platinum isn't hard enough. Brilliant!

kellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 08:46:13 pm »

this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusrozsnus by the dwarves of Imushushen in 51. There is an image of a fungiwood in goblin bone.

Actually, the most dwarfy weapon ever would be a magma battle axe with menacing spikes of magma. On it an image of flowing magma in magma. The magma is flowing on Urist McMiner in 38. There is an image of elf in magma, in magma. The elf is excepting his lot in life.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 11:09:37 pm »

NO SHIT DUDE!
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11