Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Combination of Sheens - The aluminum MACE!!  (Read 1523 times)

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Combination of Sheens - The aluminum MACE!!
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:16:14 am »

I spent the past 30 minutes setting up the right workshops so my mood dwarf could make his awesome creation and I give him a choice of gold aluminum steel iron copper billion bronze platinum and HE MAKES AN ALUMINUM MACE!~!??!? He wasted a rough and cut gem and thread and LEATHER AND ONE OF THE ONLY 5 WOOD I HAVE FOR! F

fdfsahtj I HATE THIS GAME SO I MADE MY MOOD DWARF HAVE LOTS OF !!FUN!! IN THE CAVES PLAYING WITH CAVE SPIDERS AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE

I HAVE HIM A WEAPON - THE SHITTY MACE HE MADE DECORATED WITH THE ONLY LEATHER AND WOOD IM GOING TO GET FOR THE NEXT YEAR. HAHAHAHAH

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Combination of Sheens - The aluminum MACE!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:24:31 am »

Another satisfied customer.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:25:16 am »

.... and I give him a choice of gold aluminum steel iron copper billion bronze platinum and HE MAKES AN ALUMINUM MACE ....

Well, you did give him a choice.

Still, most unfortunate.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 01:27:30 am »

Just 'cause you didn't effectively control your moody dwarf doesn't give you the right to hate the game...

Also, this is far from the least useful item you could get. Put it in a weapon trap in some noble's chamber and it'll be an instant Royal, or put it someplace where your dwarves frequent and it'll beef up everybody's happiness due to admiring it all the time. In addition, you now (probably) have a legendary weaponsmith, which is always, always useful.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 01:29:48 am »

This is the least of things you should be mad about.  What you should really be mad about, is that your mayor is about to mandate wooden coins.  Really, there's so MANY reasons to hate the game, pick a more valid one.

1) Weapon trap - it will increase room value.
2) Training weapon - give it to a dwarf and let them wail on goblins.  Less damage = longer fight = more experience = quicker legendary soldier who gets upgraded to a silver mace.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:37:47 am »

O, are there .... applications .... for this artifact as relates to Justice?
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 01:40:24 am »

You can beat the offending weaponsmith to death with it, this would be "poetic justice".
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:53 am »

Aluminum is light, but not so light as to be harmless.  The lightest metal is denser than the heaviest stone by several degrees.  The lightest stone is heavier than the densest wood by a great deal.  Wood weapons still crack skulls.  A candy warhammer is your least lethal option.  Aluminum is too weak for warfare and too strong for justice.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:25 am »

Draft him into the army with that as his weapon, and abandon him in the caverns. (Preferably the third one)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 03:56:12 am »

Aluminum is light, but not so light as to be harmless.  The lightest metal is denser than the heaviest stone by several degrees.  The lightest stone is heavier than the densest wood by a great deal.  Wood weapons still crack skulls.  A candy warhammer is your least lethal option.  Aluminum is too weak for warfare and too strong for justice.

Close, but not quite.  Compare jet with that really dense wood from the caverns.  Or if you want a RL wood, take ironwood (which, sadly, isn't in the game).  Granted, I'm kind of cheating because of where jet comes from, but oh well.

Sorry, someone mentioned density so I just had to chime in.  I'm still trying to fob off that Saguaro wood on someone, just to see if they'll duplicate my experiments proving that DF should assign it a density of 430 kg/m^3 ....
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 04:42:49 am »

The Combinations of Sheens
(Charlie) Sheen = Winning
Losing = Fun
You can't win this game
So Winning = Unfun.
But with a mace like that I bet you get a lot of fun.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.