Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Design Ideas  (Read 518 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Game Design Ideas
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:25:16 pm »

I thought I would post here to get some feedback, suggestions ideas etc.

I am toying with a game concept that is centered around the player assembling a team or party of characters. The characters will be premade and probably be on a card, so the player has a sort of "deck" that represents their party. I would like to keep the stats and abilities of these characters as streamlined and simple as possible.

Players will be able to engage their party in combat with another player as well as send them out to battle other predefined encounters, which might also be on cards that are drawn.

heres some ideas I have so far:

3 stats:
  • might - physical prowess
  • swift - agility
  • power - awesomeness. mages rely on this mostly, though its not just magic. It represents how much otherwordly power the character can tap into.

Each character can also have one or more special abilities, these will be listed at the bottom of the card.

Also playing with the ability to level the characters up, but dont want it to get too complicated. However it sounds neat to be able to do that. I was thinking that the level cap would be 6 for any given character, therefore you just have  d6 sitting on each card to show its level.

So we have some stats, special abilities, and maybe a level. What I need to come up with is a simple, fast and fun way to resolve battles between players. We can worry about encounter later. It could involve die rolling and have some randomnes, or it could be all based on the numbers with no luck involved.

Any Ideas out there? I am not stuck to the ideas as presented above, it's just what I have thought of so far.
I got nothing