Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infection  (Read 3825 times)

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infection
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »

The cartilage in my right ear was smashed apart. Of all things.

Am I going to die, or just lose the ear?

I'm aware that I can load up some other game and do some software stuff to get someone else to bite his ear off, or load up my own personal medical bay (while I was typing this rumrunner's "pick and axe" spidey sense started pinging and he's waiting round here to regale me with his admittedly sweet method of setting yourself up with allyourbase). I just don't want to have to do all that to save my guy.

But if i gotta do all that to save my guy (I'm playing genesis if that makes any difference) I guess someone can tell me the quickest way to do so if they just have to.  :P

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infection
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »

retire your adventurer somewhere you can find him again. start a new demigod adventurer, put alot into biting. find old adventurer, bite his ear off. if he is any good he will proably kill your new adventurer for biting his ear off (if he is really good you definately want to bite him while he sleeps) or you canjust retire your new adventurer. go to start a new adventurer in that world, when choosing race at the bottom of the list there will be your adventurer sans infected ear and waiting to be unretired.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:44:44 pm »

Oh, that was easy.

Well, will he die if I don't or will he just have an annoying ear for a while?

TY for your info.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:56:50 pm »

The infection will eventually kill him, albeit a very long time from now. They're always fatal and don't go away on their own, and often enough not even with even the best dwarven medical care. Biting it off will likely solve the problem, yes. However if the wound from biting it off gets infected... You're entirely screwed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 10:06:58 pm »

unless its in the fat right? couldnt you melt the infection out then?

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 04:33:41 am »

unless its in the fat right? couldnt you melt the infection out then?
in theory, you could but youd be risking burning the rest of you on fire

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 12:46:06 am »

Maybe it's because I'm using Genesis, but neither of my characters can find each other. I'm retiring each on the same building and searching all around but the other char. doesn't seem to exist. :(

Gon' die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 01:17:57 am »

Maybe it's because I'm using Genesis, but neither of my characters can find each other. I'm retiring each on the same building and searching all around but the other char. doesn't seem to exist. :(

Gon' die.

They don't stay in the building you retire them in.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

Gon' die.

Is there generally a best practice for retiring them? Like choose a really small hamlet and search every building? Search around in the open? I've searched a lot but not the entire place (it's a large town).

(edit)
N/m i got it, don't retire in a store, ha.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:55:35 pm by Isher »

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 01:46:17 am »

Gon' die.

Is there generally a best practice for retiring them? Like choose a really small hamlet and search every building? Search around in the open? I've searched a lot but not the entire place (it's a large town).

(edit)
N/m i got it, don't retire in a store, ha.
just retire them in a human fortress