Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dungeon Fighter Online: Bay 12 Guild ?  (Read 6096 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeon Fighter Online: Bay 12 Guild ?
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:23:18 am »

Dungeon Fighter is an online sidescrolling MMO with 7 Main Classes, and Several Archtypes for each of the main classes, and a unique thing about it is the fact that instead of choosing just one archtype of the Main Class you can get the skills from all four classes along with General Skills. The game is based on fast paced combat with the player constantly using the vast array of skills they have under their control of course instead of just using hotkeys you can also you the button combos that come with each skill, but that is alot to memorize.

We can make a guild if we get enough people we will just need 300,000 gold, and right now my character only has about 20,000 on him, so we will need to work on saving enough up to make it if you guys want a guild.

Classes

Slayer
Unleash your dark side...
The Slayer derives his power from the demon Kazan, who possesses his arm. Only his thick, mystical chains keep the dark parasite at bay. As a consequence, a Slayer can only wield a weapon in one hand, a disability he has fashioned into a distinct advantage, doing with one arm what most other swordsmen would need two to do. He primarily attacks his enemies with swords and blunt weapons, but can also call upon the dark power within him to cast magic spells. This dark power gives the Slayer a particularly high resistance to Shadow attacks, but unusually low resistance to Light attacks.

Archtypes
Blademaster
In spite of the demon's interference, this Slayer continues his vigilant training in swordsmanship to become a Blade Master. He wields the powerful Beam Sword and is able to attack faster than any of the other Slayer subclasses. At level 48, a Blade Master can Awaken as a Grand Master.
Asura
Sacrificing his eyes to gain great power, this Slayer strikes a chilling bargain with the demon Kazan to become an Asura. Though blind, an Asura can master magical attacks and defensive techniques, and sharpen skills that utilize waves and long-range weapons. At level 48 an Asura can Awaken as a Dark Knight.
Berserker
Yielding to demonic possession, this Slayer taps into an otherworldly rage and becomes a Berserker, capable of a wide range of vicious attacks, including Frenzy Mode, which unleashes furious bloodshed on threatening foes. At level 48 a Berserker can Awaken as a Hell Bringer.
Soul Bender
Studying the nature of his demon parasites, this Slayer learns how to better manipulate the dark energies within him and becomes a Soul Bender, whose attack spells are even more deadly, and whose resistance to Shadow energy increases substantially. At level 48 a Soul Bender can Awaken as a Soul Reaper.

Fighter
Break their hearts...
What she lacks in magical might she more than makes up for in physical strength and agility. A Fighter likes to charge right into close-range combat, fists flailing, fury fired up. She usually sports gauntlets, knuckles, claws or even boxing gloves. And as she gains experience knocking out monsters, the more expansive her repertoire of fighting moves becomes: the back-breaking Suplex, the earth-shaking Seismic Punch, even the swift and subtle Low Kick, which allows her to deliver quick, powerful jabs to her enemies' legs, disrupting their movement.

Archtypes
Nen Master
A Fighter who follows the teachings of Nen becomes a Nen Master. She can harness the mystical powers of Nen to enhance her already incredible fighting skill, allowing her to shoot bolts of life-draining energy at her foes and to perform superhuman, acrobatic feats. At level 48, a Nen Master can Awaken as a Blazing Flower.
Striker
A Fighter who continues on the path of pure fighting learns to strike faster than any other subclass of fighter. Her training focuses on physical strikes rather than defensive or magical enhancements to her fighting style. At level 48, a Striker can Awaken as a Champion.
Brawler
An unstoppable thug who will do anything to win a fight becomes a Brawler. Not necessarily interested in the sporting aspects of conflict, a Brawler uses blades, poisons and other items to give her the upper hand. She is also prone to exploit dirty tricks, such as throwing sand in her opponents' eyes and even kicking them after they've fallen. At level 48, a Brawler can Awaken as a Hellcat.
Grappler
A Fighter who takes advantage of leverage and weight becomes a Grappler. A Grappler is adept at grabbing and throwing her opponents, often times into other opponents. Rarely does she ever get hit, darting and jumping around erratically. At level 48, a Grappler can Awaken as a Dervish.

Gunner(M)
Locked, loaded and ready to rip...
Tall, lithe and sneaky, the Male Gunner is a mysterious being from another plane where they have mastered technology to compensate for their world's absence of magic. Generally weak physically, he attacks at a distance with a brutal arsenal of weapons. The Male Gunner has even been able to channel the magic of Arad to enchant bullets with elemental powers, which unleash gruesome damage on creatures vulnerable to particular elements

Archtypes
Ranger
A Ranger is a true killing machine, leaving piles of bodies in his bloody path. Trusted revolver in hand, a Ranger has the fastest shooting speed of any of the Gunner subclasses. Also, more than any other kind of Gunner, he engages in melee combat as well as distance attacks. At level 48, a Ranger can Awaken as a Desperado.

Launcher
A Gunner who really loves to blow things up specializes in heavy weapons and becomes a Launcher. He carries an armory full of the kind of firepower that deals massive area damage, wiping out entire flanks of advancing enemies at a time. At level 48, a Launcher can Awaken as a Wrecking Ball.

Mechanic
A tinkerer by nature, the Mechanic is a Gunner adept at designing and building armies of robots programmed to rain down destruction on dungeon-dwelling monsters. At level 48, a Mechanic can Awaken as a Machinist.

Spitfire
A Gunner with a penchant for harnessing magic becomes a Spitfire. He specializes in infusing elemental power into projectiles and explosives to maximize damage over large areas. At level 48, a Spitfire can Awaken as a Viper.

*Still working on typing the archtypes up for the rest just basic info past this point*

Mage
Kill 'em with sweetness...
The Mage comes to Arad from the dying magical world of Pandemonium, hoping to find a way to revive her land. However, she finds that in order to do that, she must first save Arad itself. With the appearance of a petite, young girl, the Mage is the smallest class in terms of physical stature. But she wields considerable magical power, casting spells that attack, confound and destroy the enemy

Archtypes
Summoner
A Mage who reaches into the power of the Core—the source of all magical energy—chooses to become a Summoner and develops special spells that allow her to call upon the spirits and beasts of Arad to aid her in battle. At level 48, a Summoner can Awaken as a Gaia.
Witch
A Gifted student of the ancient texts of Pandemonium eventually becomes a Witch. Among the many magical contraptions at a Witch's disposal is the iconic broomstick, from which she can attack her enemies from the air. A Witch also dabbles in the mysterious art of alchemy, and takes on a familiar—a helpful magical pet—to support her in battle. Since her powers are grounded in a near mathematical understanding of magical learning, her attacks are based on probabilities. The higher the probability, the more deadly the attack. At level 48, a Witch can Awaken as a Trickster.
Battlemage
A Mage who prefers the full-contact satisfaction of combat becomes a Battle Mage and attacks with close-range weapons and spells. However, being of diminutive stature, her magical powers manifest as defensive Chasers, magical spheres infused with various elemental properties that serve as a powerful buffer between her and the relentless barrage of enemy attacks. A Battle Mage is fast, possesses superhuman fighting skills and is the only Mage able to master weaponry. At level 48, a Battle Mage can Awaken as a Bellatrix.
Elementalist
A Mage who has a kinship with nature becomes an Elementalist, able to control and manipulate the four elements of Fire, Ice, Light and Shadow. She primarily resorts to long-range attacks, blanketing large areas with damage. An Elementalist often specializes in one specific element, fully embracing its characteristics. At level 48, an Elementalist can Awaken as a Archmage.

Priest
Pray for your enemies...
A Priest is a powerful warrior who has dedicated his life to holy pursuits, namely the eradication of evil. He is driven by a single mission: to prevent the resurrection of the demon Ozma and his devilish minions. To aid him in this pious pursuit, the Priest carries large, terrifying weapons, such as giant wooden crosses or daunting totem poles, with which he bashes open the skulls of all creatures that dare cross him. Blessed by holy power, a Priest also has limited magical ability, used for healing or enhancing himself for battle.

Archtypes
Crusader
Armed with healing and defensive spells, a Crusader adds much valued support to dungeon-bound parties. However, a Crusader has no problem leaping into a fight and inflicting healthy amounts of damage to the wicked scourge of Arad. At level 48, a Crusade can awaken as a Paladin.
Monk
A Priest whose talents lie in hand-to-hand pummeling becomes a Monk. As he smashes his weapons into the ground, he creates a holy ring, within which his stats increase. A Monk is also highly trained in evasive techniques such as ducking and swaying, striking his floundering enemies with blessed force. At level 48, a Monk can awaken as a Templar.
Exorcist
Versed in Suju's traditional incantations, an Exorcist banishes evil with his very words. He is particularly adept at wielding the Giant Cross and using holy amulets to deal even more damage over larger areas. And by embodying the spiritual energy of Suju, an Exorcist benefits from the unique self-upgrading skills called Chakras associated with him. At level 48, an Exorcist can awaken as a Hyperion.

Gunner(F)
This missus never misses her target…
Empyrean law mandates that each female child take a test before her fifth birthday. Those who demonstrate exceptional talent are then able to enter into extensive training, prepping them to join an elite division of the Imperial Guards called the Imperial Princess Garden. Women of this privileged minority end up not only defending Empyrean from its enemies, but also playing leadership roles in their societies, lending their expertise to all sorts of technology, from instruments of war to vital communication technologies.

Archtypes
Ranger
While most male Rangers hail from the lawless district of Empyrean, most female Rangers are fully-trained members of the Imperial Army. Those cadets in the Empyrean army who show an affinity for firearms are selected for rigorous Ranger training. When they complete this program, they join a secret state organization formed to execute dangerous, covert operations. At level 48, a Ranger can awaken as a Corsair.
Launcher
Some claim that heavy firearms require a degree of physical stamina not found among females. The women of Empyrean prove them wrong. Intense training and sheer willpower have molded these women into brutal Launchers. While female Launchers don’t pack heat as heavy as their male counterparts, they are far more agile. At level 48, a Launcher can awaken as a Demolitionist.
Spitfire
In Empyrean culture, females have traditionally played an active role in fields that require combat strategies, like varying the bullet you use depending on the situation, and analyzing your combat theater to determine how best to employ traps. That may be why so many female names appear on lists of the most prominent Spitfires. At level 48, a Spitfire can awaken as a Valkyrie.
Mechanic
Through the ages, Empyrean women have played an important role in the field of mechanics. In fact, three of the seven Masters were female. Female Mechanics have developed a technology unique from—and more practical than—that of their male counterparts. There are many female Mechanics actively working in Seven Shards, the greatest research facility in Empyrean. At level 48, a Mechanic can awaken as a Metalheart.

Thief
She takes what she wants.
Swift, cunning and deadly, the Thief has a long relationship with death. As a Dark Elf she has seen her people fail to deadly betrayals and epidemics. The Dark Elves have abandoned the magical ways of their ancestors, and now excel at espionage and assassination. They are not wanton criminals, however. They are practical predators, the fastest of all classes. If you have something they need, they will take it, be it information, memories, or your soul.

Archtypes
Rogue
The Rogues of the Royal Guard are considered by many to be of the most elite forces of the entire world. Studying the art of movement, they train to push their bodies to levels of extreme performance. Some even believe them to actually be manifestations of sound, as their physical form is not always visible when they attack. To be in a fight with the elusive Rogue is said to be like fighting a ghost, with razor sharp accuracy, who can manipulate the air around them as if it were an extension of their own body. At level 48, a Rogue can awaken as a Silver Moon.
Necromancer
Living underground, you become very familiar with the dark. The eternal night brings you closer to that of the afterlife, and all its inhabitants. The Necromancers of the Elder Guard have long been allies with the dead, and they call upon them to rise from their graves, and aid in their quest towards retribution. The Necromancer has an especially close affiliation with the almighty king of the deceased: Vallacre, the Slaughterer. If she is to invoke his wrath, all who stand in its wake shall fall before him, and he is the epitome of fear itself. At level 48, a Necromancer can awaken as a Defiler.

Spoiler: Current Known Players (click to show/hide)

Also any advice to help me make this OP look better would be nice.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:22:29 am by adwarf »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fighter Online: Bay 12 Guild ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:46:27 am »

What's the F2P nonsense ratio on this one? "Pay to get an advantage"? "Pay to get cosmetic rewards"?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:52:55 am »

What's the F2P nonsense ratio on this one? "Pay to get an advantage"? "Pay to get cosmetic rewards"?
F2P with an item shop which from what I have seen really doesn't out balance the game.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:05:13 am »

Are people still limited to a certain number of dungeons per day, or did they toss that out like they did with Vindictus? I tried DFO about a year back, and it couldn't hold my attention.

If the restriction's gone, I wouldn't mind giving it another shot.
Yep the restriction got thrown out (I'm pretty sure) since I have been playing it all day, and finished about fifty dungeons, so far.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:09:51 am »

If you guys do join (and are weaker than me) I can give you some equipment, and items to help you get started.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:16:25 am »

its us and canada only? *******
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:19:00 am »

Well you could still play, but its going to lag like ****

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:25:27 am »

nope un-downloadable and im not doing the demo.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 09:30:23 am »

nope un-downloadable and im not doing the demo.
Oh well that stinks, but Nexon still has several other good games (Discluding Maplestory)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 10:53:25 am »

I have several pots for you guys to use to get equipment, and I am up to 50,000 now so not much longer until we have the money for the guild.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 11:10:07 am »

Yeah, same problem. Really, wtf? I thought it was annoying when Youtube does that, but I don't even see the point here.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 11:46:08 am »

Yeah, same problem. Really, wtf? I thought it was annoying when Youtube does that, but I don't even see the point here.

It's because Nexon uses a god-awful P2P play system instead of a central server. Makes it literally unplayable if you happen to party with someone who's too far away or has a bad connection.

Unless they changed that, in which case I might try DFO again.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 11:50:04 am »

I'll give it a try and make a slayer probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 12:22:42 pm »

Oh right, that's why I dropped DFO!

The friend of mine who was most interested in it, and always plays MMORPGs with me for the longest, had a bad connection such that we literally could not play together. It would result in an immediate desynch. She had to play solo most of the time, and I got sick of playing with randoms, thus.. Quit.
Well pvp is fun, and connections might be a spotty sometimes, but usually it auto kicks those with bad connections so the pvp sessions run smoothly, but I don't know about co-op seeing as I have not played with others through the dungeons.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 02:54:46 am »

If anyone does join please provide your character names, Level, PvP Level, Class, and if its your Main put Main beside it.
Pages: [1] 2 3