Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1409701 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10365 on: October 08, 2014, 09:05:20 am »

Man KSC is just filled with random bits of Science you can collect now, every "Complex" has science, and apparently every individual building has a bit of science you can nab, the original pod memorial has science, the bloody astronaut complex FLAG has science, hell even the bloody fuel tanks near the VAB have science, and much more. I got 150 science just having a bit of a wander about, and there is still a fair bit around KSC I could grab.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10366 on: October 08, 2014, 09:31:56 am »

Man KSC is just filled with random bits of Science you can collect now, every "Complex" has science, and apparently every individual building has a bit of science you can nab, the original pod memorial has science, the bloody astronaut complex FLAG has science, hell even the bloody fuel tanks near the VAB have science, and much more. I got 150 science just having a bit of a wander about, and there is still a fair bit around KSC I could grab.
Damn those research scientist are lazy.  I'm guessing that you are basically just gathering materials for them since they aren't able to walk to the nearby store.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: October 08, 2014, 10:05:42 am »

I never did finish my download before I needed to shut down my computer and sleep. Not a big deal since I'm waiting on a few more mod dll's to be recompiled.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10368 on: October 08, 2014, 11:37:20 am »

I went with hard mode and added a starting reputation penalty. Now it's time for a fundraising campaign.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: October 08, 2014, 03:34:53 pm »

So any idea if/when the mods will catch up to this? Could I reasonably port my mods over to .25 as is?

Because this is actually the first time I care enough to port a save, instead of just full on starting over :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: October 08, 2014, 03:41:18 pm »

no, your saves are boned.  duplicate parts, wrong part sizes, all sorts of stuff.  Probably survivable, but will have some problems to work around.

Here is the mod compatibility list:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95750-Official-Mod-Compatibility-Thread-for-25

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: October 08, 2014, 03:50:52 pm »

There are lots of mesh issues. Lots of mods borrow stock meshes and many of those are boned.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: October 09, 2014, 09:35:17 am »

Yeah, I use TAC life support so very much boned. Also using the Spaceplane+ mod, which of course has its own undoubtedly hilarious set of issues with porting to .25 :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: October 09, 2014, 11:53:57 am »

Unrelated to .25, has anyone else noticed that if you run R.A.P.I.E.R. engines at low thrust it sounds like a male choir, with sound pitch changing with thrust level?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:44 pm »

Not at all.

However, I am slightly saddened that they dont have the button for surface attachment I thought that they said they would have...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: October 09, 2014, 12:44:08 pm »

Wow jesus. Rocket science is easy. Aerodynamics is fuckin' impossible. I can't seem to make a plane that won't turn and crash on the tarmac without an hour and a half's work and twelve references.

What am I doing wrong?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: October 09, 2014, 01:02:41 pm »

Looking at center of lift and center of mass is your friend. Try to have center of lift smack-dab or just being the center of mass, DO NOT put it forward.
Also, reaction wheels are your friend.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: October 09, 2014, 01:05:44 pm »

Heh. I remember hearing about that center of lift in a video. Didn't even think of reaction wheels.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: October 09, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »

SAS is your friend.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: October 09, 2014, 01:14:29 pm »

I've finally tried out the new update properly, and here's what I noticed. Well, apart from that the refurbished spaceplane parts are awesome.

It's mostly about the new cargo bays. Firstly, an important difference is that you can't attach anything to the bay doors now. The reason for this is the second important difference, and that is that the doors now have a proper collider - if your have a bay that isn't quite high enough to clear the ground when it opens, it will prop your plane up on its hinges to do so. This leads into the third and most hilarious difference - the bay doors now stop exhaust plumes. If you have an engine running inside the bay, then as long as the doors are closed there will be no net thrust. Once they open, the thrust kicks in. This is a uniquely useful feature that will make landing jet-powered VTOLs a lot easier, as you can simply cut off the thrust instead of waiting for the engine to spin down.

Other than that... well, it's great, nothing else to say really.

Not at all.

However, I am slightly saddened that they dont have the button for surface attachment I thought that they said they would have...
It's not a button, it's a key. 'Alt'. And it's not a toggle.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 848