Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1409716 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #11010 on: February 21, 2015, 04:39:27 pm »

So that means when kerbals are operating the spacecraft...

eeew
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #11011 on: February 22, 2015, 12:34:44 am »

Google search for "female kerbal" turns up some hilarious things, like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which, imo, looks more like 80s Kerbals than female kerbals :P

That middle one has Donny Osmond's hair.
Pretty sure the middle one is that guy from CHiPs, the left one is the hoff, right might be Carol brady but I'm probably wrong.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish the planets themselves had physics, just absurdly high and realistic values, for the sole sake of the ability to make an unreasonably large space station int he form of a hand that will grab the Mun and push it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The main problem with that is that the Jool system would completely fly apart within a few in-game months.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The planets would fly apart as soon as you engaged and disengaged timewarp. It's why they're on rails.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

True, there was even a simulation program some month ago showing the whole system,

I also remember someone found a way to arrange the jool moons in a way to have them stable for a hundred years or so keeping similar dv for reaching them

However, this poses dozen other problems with how the game works, the whole engine is not orbiter

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Also, the physics range is limited to a radius of 1km or something near that, so that'd also pose some issues.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

2km, I think. Things load 'n' explode at 2km. Wouldn't explode if physics weren't happening.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

2km, which is expanded by various mods.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2.5km actually, but from my experience there seems to be another zone within a few hundred meters where physics is accurately simulated and further out things seem to get abstracted to a degree.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

Feel like building a working colony? Civilian Population looks like a pretty good mod for this: it has space tourists, rent income from your habitats, and even generate new Kerbonauts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I'm testing a ssto, with the intent of printing it someday. so far soo good, but I get bored on doing the whole ascent orbit thing to test that it can actually reenter without back flipping.

a couple booster later...

it can perfectly take off without jato, but why bother? turbojets are slow to kick in and the intial climb to 5000mt is just a slog

with this instead:
the interesting part is that the jato thrust is only on the top side,
but a couple additional wings offset its rotation:

however, once it's spent, you need to be fast and dodge the rockets, because the jato additional wings intersect with the tail o_O

luckily it pitches up a little when detached, barely enough to fly down it

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Theres a problem with your SSTO LoSboccacc. Its not an SSTO because it has an extra stage.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The boosters were only added to get into orbit faster, to test re-entry.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 848