Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1452274 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

for 1.0 I'm planning to use Near Future Technologies, roverdude's whole colonization line, and TAC LS. Beyond that I probably won't use much. MAYBE Remotetech but its often more of a pain in the ass than fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Back when I worked at burger king, we kinda had an "absurd idea contest" among crewmembers over a week.   The rules were that the idea had to be fairly absurd, but physically possible.

I was playing a lot of MS Flight Simulator then and was inspired by a mod I saw for a Shield helicarrier. (this was before the movies) So my idea was a flying burger king.  To cater to small planes like cessnas it had a small landing runway on top almost exactly like that scott's.  And it had a robotic arm deliver the food to the pilot.

After working around the design some more I figured it could work with large airliners like 747s as well by using a long arm underneath the flying king to connect and seal with one of the airliner's escape doors and deliver food en masse through a conveyer into the airliner's cabin.

Sadly the design was unjustly ruled impossible. With the supervisor claiming that there was no way to land one plane on another.  That made me sad.  But maybe I should try to make something like that in KSP to prove them wrong!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

With the supervisor claiming that there was no way to land one plane on another.
Tell that the the Russians, the British, the Americans and to everyone on GTA5...

Parasite fighters ho!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

With the supervisor claiming that there was no way to land one plane on another.
Tell that the the Russians, the British, the Americans and to everyone on GTA5...

Parasite fighters ho!

"I have no use for people who learned all which is possible"- Leonard of Quirm

edit: we never were at war with eurasia
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:49:35 pm by LoSboccacc »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It's Leonard, not Leonardo :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I think that once 1.0 hits, the only mods left in my install will be the Near Future Technologies set (I'm counting Space Station Parts Expansion as part of that), and maybe Procedural Fairings, if only because of the customization options they provide via the fairing bases and different kinds of fairing. Everything else just seems kind of covered already. :P
Heh, looks like they have fairings covered I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cinsnotgq8

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that video looks complicated, but they at least seems to give you a lot of flexibility on how fairings fairs

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

oh, I got a server running, dmp vanilla, at

So anyone want a minor challenge?  I was trying to improve a station I set up ([Zanzetkuken] Satellite) and things messed up...

First thing, I wound up putting the satellite in a really bad orbit for what I wanted it to eventually serve as (a refueling station).  I found this out when I tried to launch a habitation expansion to it (left it named 'Unnamed Spaceship' as it wasn't supposed to last long...).  As of current, the one way of generating thrust for the satellite is out (was an attached escape pod), and the expansion is drifting separate from its escape pod.  This situation has 4 kerbals trapped.  If someone could get the satellite into a better orbit, the habitation module near it with a way to generate some thrust, and rescue the kerbal in the basically drifting escape pod, I would be very thankful.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

This post makes me think DMP should add player-made contracts or something like that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna get them, in 12hrs if noone rescue them earlier

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

This post makes me think DMP should add player-made contracts or something like that.

People, this is a good idea.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So, is it worth it to re-install the many, many mods that I have to play this game, or just wait for release?
The 1.0 release is in like 4 days right? I'm just waiting myself.

My plan is to start a career in 1.0 and add in mods as they update. I know many of the modders have the 1.0 code already so most of my preferred mods will be updated pretty much immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 848