Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1411853 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I often get two rescue missions around Mun or Minmus. They could net about 400k in one mission.
Not to mention free personnel

I know there's a naming scheme that ties the job to the kerbal, but I can't be bothered to look it up. Free random, but not really, job ahoy.
Life is like a mk1 pod. Ya nevar know what ya gonna get.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Whoa, the gravimax is super useful. It not only has per-biome science in near orbit, it also has per-biome science in high orbit.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Wish they had prop engines in the game natively for starter planes...seems kinda silly to have landing gear that cant retract but you have jet engines...

Why can't you just make a pinwheel out of wing segments with rockets at the tips, like any normal person would?

I guess you never saw these? Their props both worked in 0.90
http://imgur.com/a/u5qlm

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile

So I finally managed to land on mun with about 880 m/s DeltaV left, there was little to no room for error with the escape trajectory since escape velocity from mum is 807 m/s roughly. Took about 20 tries to finally get a trajectory to land back on kerbal only to find that I forgot to bring the science, thankfully it only took 2 more tries to get it right the second time.

Game just crashed 200 m from the ground :'(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:54:50 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably have an autosave (so you don't lose too much time). I'm not actually sure how to load the autosave, though. Haven't had to do it yet. :V

Were you seeing overheat indicators or flashing red parts on your ship during re-entry? If so, it was probably this. Pressing F10 to shut off the overheat indicators should stop it from eating all your base bass memory.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

My mapping satellite exploded on the launchpad immediately after loading for some reason, even though I got an identical one into space about 15 minutes before that. Weird.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Wish they had prop engines in the game natively for starter planes...seems kinda silly to have landing gear that cant retract but you have jet engines...

Why can't you just make a pinwheel out of wing segments with rockets at the tips, like any normal person would?
I guess you never saw these? Their props both worked in 0.90
http://imgur.com/a/u5qlm
What, how? This is the most Kerbal way of making prop powered aircraft. I think I know how the engine works, but I have no idea how they managed to get the damn thing balanced.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:59:49 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably have an autosave (so you don't lose too much time). I'm not actually sure how to load the autosave, though. Haven't had to do it yet. :V

Were you seeing overheat indicators or flashing red parts on your ship during re-entry? If so, it was probably this. Pressing F10 to shut off the overheat indicators should stop it from eating all your base bass memory.

F9 loads the F5 save.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes that is quicksaving, but he's asking about the "autosave" text that pops up periodically.  This is writing the current game state to autosave.sfs to protect against crashes.

alt-f9 should let you load autosaves.

You can also use multiple save slots through the escape-menu.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes that is quicksaving, but he's asking about the "autosave" text that pops up periodically.  This is writing the current game state to autosave.sfs to protect against crashes.

alt-f9 should let you load autosaves.

You can also use multiple save slots through the escape-menu.

If the game just up and crashes it should load the last autosave when you get back in. Using the "mod" key (ctrl for mac I think. alt for windows) along with f5 or f9 gives you access to multiple save/load states. http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_bindings

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

About that: new temp gauges confirmed leaking memory and causing crashes

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118668-PSA-1-01-1-02-Temperate-Gauges-Overheating-Display-Causes-Massive-Memory-Leak

Speaking of memory leaks, did they fix all the other ones? IIRC, there was memory leaks while on the landing pad and while flying in atmosphere, and having ground scatter on made both those leaks even worse.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They fixed a bunch of them, but I don't know if there's a full list.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Good heavens, but I just cut a Munar fly-by down to the wire.  I decided to launch a Mun fly-by mission with the TAC Life Support mod to get a feel for the delta-v in the new version (and since I didn't have the lander tech to do a proper landing), but underestimated the pilot's consumption and overestimated the supply of a Command Pod Mk.1.  As such, poor Suti Kerman almost ran out of food, water, and oxygen on the way back.  I burned every ounce of fuel and dropped my reentry vector as steep as I could in order to eke out every second I could, and she still literally ate the last crumb and drained the last drop of water less than a hundred metres above the ground. 

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Good heavens, but I just cut a Munar fly-by down to the wire.  I decided to launch a Mun fly-by mission with the TAC Life Support mod to get a feel for the delta-v in the new version (and since I didn't have the lander tech to do a proper landing), but underestimated the pilot's consumption and overestimated the supply of a Command Pod Mk.1.  As such, poor Suti Kerman almost ran out of food, water, and oxygen on the way back.  I burned every ounce of fuel and dropped my reentry vector as steep as I could in order to eke out every second I could, and she still literally ate the last crumb and drained the last drop of water less than a hundred metres above the ground.
Kerbals can go a fair amount of time without food or even water. Oxygen is more important, but generally the biggest issues with Life Support are Electric Charge, and Oxygen. In that order because you tend to forget EC is needed.

So yeah, as long as you get back to Kerbin without dying (there is oxygen on Kerbin) you are totally safe.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 848