Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1409001 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Ah, mission control. I knew there had to be a reason to upgrade that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

minmus&mun can both be encountered with a burn as they rise over the horizon

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Just don't do like me. Make sure that you're orbiting in the same direction as they are, or you're going to need 2 more orbits to actually make a pass for the Mun, and a fair few more than that for Minmus.
Nothing important here, move along.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had just assumed that "patched conics" meant "maneuver nodes" because "patched conics" tells me nothing and you kind of need maneuver nodes to go anywhere with any expectation of actually getting where you want to go.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I had just assumed that "patched conics" meant "maneuver nodes" because "patched conics" tells me nothing and you kind of need maneuver nodes to go anywhere with any expectation of actually getting where you want to go.
Patched conics means you can see the projected orbit when it crosses another body's SOI

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server will be back up in less than one hour!

Prepare a 1.0, we'll be running that unmodded in career mode until 1.02 Aereodinamic issues and crashes are fixed

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shit! I accidentally loaded a quicksave I made before bringing a lander back from Minmus, and then the game immediately autosaved. The SSTO I was working on is thankfully still there but I lost a couple satellite missions and a whole lot of science unlocks.

Also, what's this about a server?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

UGH UGH ALL MY UGH.

Why is it impossible to find a surface target for survey? Aerial targets are valid a mile in every direction but NOPE the ones that are on the surface you have to be in the EXACT FUCKING INCH of space that it wants you at, in a plane that, being a plane, is REALLY HARD TO TURN and the map mode is terrible for showing where you should be looking.

I have THREE OF THESE BASTARDS in the same little cluster that would all be the same aerial area, and after an hour of searching I haven't crossed ONE of them.
That's pretty ridiculous. Is squad planning to address this at any point? Or is endlessly searching the same patches of indistinguishable grass a "feature"?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

UGH UGH ALL MY UGH.

Why is it impossible to find a surface target for survey? Aerial targets are valid a mile in every direction but NOPE the ones that are on the surface you have to be in the EXACT FUCKING INCH of space that it wants you at, in a plane that, being a plane, is REALLY HARD TO TURN and the map mode is terrible for showing where you should be looking.

I have THREE OF THESE BASTARDS in the same little cluster that would all be the same aerial area, and after an hour of searching I haven't crossed ONE of them.
That's pretty ridiculous. Is squad planning to address this at any point? Or is endlessly searching the same patches of indistinguishable grass a "feature"?
You should be able to set those places as a target.  What I did was create a plane that could land, and then just dive over there on the ground.  Haven't had any problems with not finding stuff so far. 
Shit! I accidentally loaded a quicksave I made before bringing a lander back from Minmus, and then the game immediately autosaved. The SSTO I was working on is thankfully still there but I lost a couple satellite missions and a whole lot of science unlocks.

Also, what's this about a server?
If you feel like it you can use Alt-F12 to give yourself those contracts and then complete them, along with going to the lab and unlocking techs.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The way I hit those spots is with a lightweight VTOL.  they're fun to make and fun to fly, and you can build them with fairly low tech parts.

I find it difficult to make planes that are good at driving (especially over any kind of terrain) as Lightningfalcon suggests, but I would guess that if you had access to a large cargo bay (or even a small clamp-o-tron) you could carry a little minicar or something.

Would be nice if you had an EVA navball.  Back before I knew how to make VTOLs, I would land a plane and point its nose at the target and just walk the pilot in that direction using the nose as a reference.

Or, if you can hit the ground target while flying, consider making a bomber.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server will be back up in less than one hour!

Prepare a 1.0, we'll be running that unmodded in career mode until 1.02 Aereodinamic issues and crashes are fixed

I'd love to, but how do I get back to 1.0? Steam updated me to 1.0.2 quite some time ago. I tried "previous stable release," a day or two ago, but that installed the previous beta release (0.90) instead.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wat! Don't all people play on a copy of ksp?

Joking aside, dmp doesn't support 102 yet

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Wat! Don't all people play on a copy of ksp?

I know, right? Steam's auto-updates make mods do weird stuff, so if I ever want to mod the game I copy it out of the steam folder before starting up the process.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only steam game I played on a copy was VTM:B.  ???

"Make mods do weird stuff" how?
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 848