Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1410118 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

derp
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:53:43 am by forsaken1111 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

when it comes to station/outpost contracts, is it allowed to launch them in several parts and the dock them to fulfill the contract? I have an outpost contract requiring 10 kerbals, lab and 4000 units of fuel ( more than 2 standard size rockomax tanks), which is going to be a pain to launch and land, if I am not allowed to dock.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I think so.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Thank you muchly Mr. LoSboccacc, that fixed my derpness to the maximus.

Also, in relation to my "WarpTorp" idea, I just now found out antimatter literally never enters into the equation. All you need for warp drive is a LOT of electricity (megajoules in this case)

So I made my first draft of the WarpTorp and...it is roughly the size of the universe. This is not necessarily conducive to the "being a torpedo" thing.
Gonna have to do more !SCIENCE! to figure out what stuff the actual torpedo can do without. I.E. can I just launch a charged Alcubierre Drive with a probe core and expect it to still have warp functionality?

This will require actually creating a Macey Dean-esque battleship thing as a launch platform. And putting said thing into space, which will be much harder.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it is roughly the size of the universe. This is not necessarily conducive to the "being a torpedo" thing.

I dunno. For torpedoes, I'd say bigger is better.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it is roughly the size of the universe. This is not necessarily conducive to the "being a torpedo" thing.

Yeah, but torpedoes are generally smaller than the thing they're trying to hit.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I finally figured out how to module manager. I've been missing @'s and {}'s all over the place. I'm not modding fuel tanks to be more explodey. *grin*
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Yeah, but torpedoes are generally smaller than the thing they're trying to hit.
Also supposed to be smaller then the thing that is launching them.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

So, I started modding, and everything is working fine.  Except for Chatterer.  It isn't breaking anything, or working weirdly.  It just isn't working.  I'm not getting any sounds, and the button on the top isn't there.  Anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got hit by a weird bug. While coming in for a landing with my SSTO, part of it registered as colliding with one of the space centre buildings while being nowhere near it. This happened twice, destroying both the building and part of the plane. The first time I was just above the ground and it caused an entire wing to explode. The pilot survived but the 4 tourists in the passenger compartment died, so I loaded a quicksave. The second time I made it down onto the runway before it happened. Fortunately the buildings were only the small decorative kind, so it wasn't much of a loss. I just hope it doesn't keep happening.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can set the buildings to be indestructible, although that won't stop you from hitting them. Or hitting an invisible wall that isn't supposed to be there.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've not hit invisible walls, but sometimes small features take out my cars.  things like light posts and other random decorative bumps. 

Once I ran into a lamp pole and destroyed the entire Mission Control building.  I hadn't seen it at the time, and assumed it was a terrain clipping bug or something, but after rebuilding the facility I realized what I had actually hit.

I thought stage recovery was working in stock now?  I attached probe cores and parachutes to boosters, and if I stay near the ground they will land and be okay... but the physics range is still not sufficient to track even one stage of SRB's to the ground before despawning them, if you are continuing to accelerate away.

Does anyone know of a stock workaround for this?  I don't really want to add the stage recovery mod if I can avoid it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Nope, by stock anything dropped off is simply deleted.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Stage Recovery is pretty OP (by my opinion) anyways. If done right, you really only have to worry about fuel costs.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Stage Recovery is pretty OP (by my opinion) anyways. If done right, you really only have to worry about fuel costs.
How's that?

You have to spend more to include parachutes, and their weight causes you to need even more thrust/fuel
You almost never get 100% of your cash back
There is a flat chance that recovered parts are still destroyed
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 848