Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1412959 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HELL FUCKING YES.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have an error for your avatar, kcwong.

Yeah, I know... I removed an image from Imgur. It bothers you? I'll fix it then. :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Nice zchrist. Now, time to land, take off, and land bock on Kerbal.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

I ended up in orbit around the sun.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I'll put this there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
all stock parts.

it's my first 'heavy lander' concept. usually I go to landers that works with rcs alone, but I wanted to try something different.

turns out that having the main engine makes landing so much easier! you can set it to balance the craft weight and then rcs yourself to land with astonishing precision.

edit, forgot the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dkx371zexj715rq
I went to the mun and back with relative ease.

(there is a minor quirk on the last stage, you have to space a couple of time before the lander engine kicks in)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:20:46 pm by LoSboccacc »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Orbit Get (click to show/hide)

Sadly, I used the last of my fuel to enter orbit, and thus these brave kerbalnauts were stuck in space forever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

Till next update when you can launch more then one ship at a time. Hopefully you can refuel them sometime in the future :D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Till next update when you can launch more then one ship at a time. Hopefully you can refuel them sometime in the future :D

Is docking in the next update? Otherwise, that might be a bit tricky.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

How does moving on to the next stage work? I attempted to get the kerbals back to Kerth by launching the capsule straight backward, hoping to cancel enough momentum so the capsule would fall (eventually) but my orbit remained unchanged. Would launching it towards Kerth work better?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Stage separation force is only applied to jettisoned parts.

It seems that the capsule is pushed forward but is the other way around.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

In my quest for SCIENCE, I created a rocket better than any I had previously created. In its first launch, I achieved a very low, stable orbit around the Mun. As it has no atmosphere, I was curious as to the minimum safe orbital distance. I got it down to about 600 meters above the surface, reduce it a tad more, and discovered the minimum safe orbital distance is about 500 meters above the surface, as I hit the top of a hill while travelling at 450 meters of altitude.

The second launch was in an attempt to discover whether the Sun actually existed, or was just a figment of the Kerbin culture's imagination. So I launched from the planet and reduced velocity relative to the Sun from the 9000 m/s at which the planet travels down to 0. I then allowed the Sun's gravity to pull be towards it until the expected point of impact. However, the Sun, it would appear, is in fact a figment of the Kerbin masses' imagination, as the craft successfully navigated through its center. It also appears the mission has discovered a possible means of facilitating interstellar travel; upon exiting the gravitational anomaly previously thought to be the Sun, the craft had gained in speed by about 250,000 m/s, even after reaching a distance equaling that from which it came!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow. That is like... A tenth the speed of light or something. Crazy speed.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Woo, I've made a rocket that goes to orbit. It's certainly no munshot and it uses a few mods, but it gets the job done.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Wow. That is like... A tenth the speed of light or something. Crazy speed.
Only about 0.1% the speed of light; but still 4 times faster than Voyager 1.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Managed to reach the Mun and achieve a stable orbit, then return to Kerbin with both.  Well, kinda.  Moon Or Bust took a couple tweaks, and it's hard to fly.  Honest John Proton worked worlds better and was much easier to fly, but I screwed around experimenting too much with how to make a stable Mun-approach, and didn't have enough fuel to de-orbit once I got home.  Would have worked.

Note that the solid boosters on Moon Or Bust barely got it above the tower.  Honest John Proton is too fat to get off the ground with nine solid boosters - the decouplers on the bottom just keep it from getting glued to the pad.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 848