Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1399003 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12405 on: November 09, 2015, 05:57:44 pm »

I like the new engines, particularly the small one. Your silly little planes don't have to be rocket powered anymore, and can fly a lot longer as a result.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: then I realize they nerfed crap, and now all my prior designs don't work anymore, and I have to make them all over, and I don't really want to bother, so I don't want to play anymore. I'd just gotten beyond that stage in 1.0, too...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:24:54 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12406 on: November 09, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »

The new plane parts are indeed awesome, I think the only thing I really did post-patch was sit around making various first generation jets...

Spoiler: De Havilland Vampire (click to show/hide)

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: November 09, 2015, 06:46:28 pm »

They also added a ton of stock aircraft, including two satellite launching ones.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: November 10, 2015, 05:47:02 pm »

so with the new antenna range stuff (and planetoids blocking LOS?) how much of remotetech is obsolete?  are there any RT players here that can offer a comparison with the new stock?

It sounds like  a new update for RT should be dropping today... so maybe I should be waiting a bit to ask this...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: November 10, 2015, 07:06:16 pm »

so with the new antenna range stuff (and planetoids blocking LOS?) how much of remotetech is obsolete?  are there any RT players here that can offer a comparison with the new stock?

It sounds like  a new update for RT should be dropping today... so maybe I should be waiting a bit to ask this...

I'm pretty sure that the antenna range stuff is for 1.1.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: November 10, 2015, 08:06:19 pm »

I'm guessing it'll mostly be like RT lite. Didn't it already have something of a sphere of influence, so you had to take the big dish for Eeloo?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: November 11, 2015, 03:59:14 am »

Should I be questioning why the Space Program isn't very Spacey now?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: November 11, 2015, 04:11:07 am »

design by commitee ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

departure of NovaSilisko dealt a huge blow to the 'program' part of kerbal space.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: November 11, 2015, 08:28:44 am »

I made my most successful aircraft design ever today, which is odd seeing as it's wings are insane and partly on back to front.

Nice and stable to fly with a little SAS help, lands at like 120m/s easily, and takes off quite fast.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:20:18 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: November 11, 2015, 10:13:19 am »

What's become less spacey in your opinion?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: November 11, 2015, 10:15:34 am »

You did get a new rocket engine, that's something.  Should make shuttle design easier.

I also heard the aerospike engine is different somehow?

Edit: there's also a smaller drill to use
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:17:11 am by MrRoboto75 »
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: November 11, 2015, 03:31:26 pm »

What's become less spacey in your opinion?
I think he means that the additions are more terrestrial/aquatic in nature rather than spaceflight.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: November 11, 2015, 03:45:30 pm »

Those changes also apply to places like Eve and Laythe, so you can build that underwater laythian mining base.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: November 11, 2015, 03:49:03 pm »

to be honest, water changes were needed because they were literally unmoddable up to now. this is pretty hype tbh

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: November 11, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »

I like the idea of space-x style recovery barges, even though there is currently no penalty for just landing in water.

I do wish there was more 'program' though.  The 'firsts' contract series is progress in that regard, but I'm sad they seemed to have dropped the idea of discovering planets through the tracking station.

And I widh the contracts were less random, and built more on existing stations with missions like resupply, ferry civilian scientist, rotate crew, install science module, increase power storage, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 848