Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1413503 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those orbits. UGH. How long before some collide and you can't launch any more rockets into space? Kessler, you bastard.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

So.... Paid DLC is a thing now.
And it's stuff you can already get with mods.
RIP KSP development. Long live the moddng community.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I don't care. I get it for free because I bought it when it was still $7

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I don't care. I get it for free because I bought it when it was still $7
Same. But I don't really see this as a negative thing. You can't expect them to develop new content for free, forever. Probably funds are running low and sales are slowing down.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Oh I support their decision %100, I'm sure the stuff they add will be more polished and bug free than the equivalent mods.  But it does kind of signal the end of significant major development of the game. Besides I'm sure it'll be like a $20 maximum DLC, and soon enough they'll be bundling it with the base game for the same $40 it's been now for a while.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So far what they've discussed as being part of the DLC doesn't have me much interested. At all.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Oh I support their decision %100, I'm sure the stuff they add will be more polished and bug free than the equivalent mods.  But it does kind of signal the end of significant major development of the game. Besides I'm sure it'll be like a $20 maximum DLC, and soon enough they'll be bundling it with the base game for the same $40 it's been now for a while.
I dunno, in my mind KSP is pretty much feature-complete right now. They can't really add a lot of things while keeping within the scale of the game (a single plantary system and tech that is available right now). Maybe life-support and multiplayer?

More engines or parts in general would be nice but isn't really needed, given how the parts present in vanilla are more than sufficient for the scope of vanilla (exploring a single planetary system). Adding new planets would be fun for exactly the amount of time it'd take you to get to those planets before people got bored of just having the same old planets again. Adding more solar systems would expand the scope of the game beyond what was originally planned, ditto most things having to do with establishing colonies or such.

Most of the work that can still be done would fall more under the purview of polish and minor quality-of-life improvements, like a deltaV calculator in the build screen.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with vanilla KSP as it is now and I'm fine with them making DLC for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Y'know, there was some mod... can't remember what it was called, but it completely redid the orbital mechanics of KSP. Their releases were also named after various famous mathematicians and such, language be damned. They've had releases named in Arabic, Russian, etc.

https://github.com/mockingbirdnest/Principia

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I dunno, in my mind KSP is pretty much feature-complete right now. They can't really add a lot of things while keeping within the scale of the game (a single plantary system and tech that is available right now). Maybe life-support and multiplayer?

More engines or parts in general would be nice but isn't really needed, given how the parts present in vanilla are more than sufficient for the scope of vanilla (exploring a single planetary system). Adding new planets would be fun for exactly the amount of time it'd take you to get to those planets before people got bored of just having the same old planets again. Adding more solar systems would expand the scope of the game beyond what was originally planned, ditto most things having to do with establishing colonies or such.

Most of the work that can still be done would fall more under the purview of polish and minor quality-of-life improvements, like a deltaV calculator in the build screen.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with vanilla KSP as it is now and I'm fine with them making DLC for it.

I'd find it interesting if they actually put more on Kerbin than just the space center and the abandoned airport.  Maybe a few cities and towns with their own airfields, maybe an additional launch site or two around the planet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd find it interesting if they actually put more on Kerbin than just the space center and the abandoned airport.  Maybe a few cities and towns with their own airfields, maybe an additional launch site or two around the planet.

All covered by free mods.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

All covered by free mods.
Not to mention, not really vital apart from maybe as additional polish. Designing cities and placing them on a (small) planet's worth of square mileage takes up a lot of resources. It's a thing for mods and I don't think the devs will ever implement it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Spoiler: 141 down, 6,859 to go (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They updated to 1.3 a couple of days ago. Main feature was localization to other languages. They also merged the Asteroid Day mod with the base game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

They fixed the runway, so... yay?
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848