Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1411709 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

We need a video of that, alway. Or how to build such a ridicuolous thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

To build it, plop the cylindrical capsule on top of an SRB. Then add 8x symmetry structural wings. Then spam small flaps on the structural wings, rotating them such that they can cause a roll force on the craft (flaps point straight up or straight down in default positions). About 70 or so should at least give a considerable effect; I used 120 or so. After that, it's just testing.
If it explodes, you need more struts.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The slowcorde isn't that slow.  The one I built is going to hit 300 m/s, which is only 40 fewer than the speed of sound on earth.  I did use a turbofan, and that might be the difference.  It'll be pretty hard to get legitimately slow aircraft if we can't get access to propellers and very light materials.

EDIT: Presumably the speed of sound on earth, at sea level.  Whatever google thinks the speed of sound is.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:06:48 pm by Rez »

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: its out (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:35:09 am by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

YES.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I don't find it in the changelog, but did they enable the air intakes? seems not, but I'd like some confirmation.

beware, incompatible craft files, don't throw away the previous version

edit: wobble is present as ever, and gimballing engines still can't control roll
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:14:54 am by LoSboccacc »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

i really wish i had money to buy the full game.
in other news: i had a cap in orbit around the sun. orbit time: about 30 days.

small rocket to.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I can't get it to download correctly.  The patcher keeps saying it can't access the server, and the few times that it does and downloads everything, then the program loader or something says it's crashed and won't run.  I guess they're just overloaded, but it's ticking me off.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'll wait a few days before downloading. Can't wait to take a giant leap for kerbalkind :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't get it to download correctly.  The patcher keeps saying it can't access the server, and the few times that it does and downloads everything, then the program loader or something says it's crashed and won't run.  I guess they're just overloaded, but it's ticking me off.

Keep trying. It took me about a dozen attempts before the damn thing worked. Work of the devil, I'm telling you.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

My only accomplishment thus far has been having Jeb get stuck on top of a spaceplane and ride it down around 15,000 meters while it was doing loops.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you extend ladders?

I took Jeb out on an EVA, took a long time to get him back on the correct side of the command pod. After that it was on to the moon, but I didn't give myself enough time to slow down with a retro burn.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

From KurtJMac's video, it looks like you have to click on the ladder itself and extend it, just like you would to manually turn off an engine.  The ladder's hitbox seems pretty finicky though.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you extend ladders?

Right click on the ladder and press the extend button.
You can also operate others parts in this way, e.g. selectively shut down a single engine, extend or retract a single landing gear leg, etc.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, parts are based on how you group them. so if you place 3 landing legs using the tri symmetry option, deploying one will mean they'll all deploy.

My large diameter rockets keep jiggling to bits, unfortunately, and i've yet to get one to the mun.
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 848