Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1411933 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I've soem similar problem of stuff jiggling and breaking apart..

we're few and I se no !!raaaage!! on the forum so I'm starting to suspect it is a patcher issue...

I'll be downloading the full game, as soon as the server lets me

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, parts are based on how you group them. so if you place 3 landing legs using the tri symmetry option, deploying one will mean they'll all deploy.

Huh. Was it that way in .15? Because I distinctly remember being able to shut down a single engine, even if it was placed with symmetry.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:17:56 am by Sordid »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was that way. You can only shut down a single engine if it wasn't placed with symmetry, or at least you should only be able to do it that way.

In other news, 0.16 giant fuel tanks are pretty neat.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Trying to imitate potentially non-existent kerbinsects is not the most aerodynamic of ways to do things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

i just built ANOTHER craft going around the sun.

with 5 rockets, 11 fuel tanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do love doing EVAs. The ability to waddle around as a kerbal makes the game infinitely better, even though you can't actually do anything with them yet.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is good in a way. Before, there was a chicken egg thing: implement docking, its useless as there's no tools to get 2 craft's together. Implement the tools to bring crafts together, and there's no point. Except now that you can EVA kerbals between eachother, the is a use. My guess is we'd see the tools for orbital rendezvous in 0.17, and docking in 0.18.
Magma is overrated.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did they tweak the lift of the control surfaces or something?  As my rocket catastrophically failed on the platform, a few detached and started flying away.  Literally, bobbing up and down at about 5 m/s, some 50 meters or so above the surface.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Hey guys, remember those width-restrictions on rockets due to the annoying launch tower hitting things?
Well no longer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Height in the hangar determines the height of the launch clamps.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SPACE ELEVATORS ARE A THING NOW. (sorta)
Will post images of my highest test; though tests show it to be an extremely dangerous launch method.

EDIT:
OH GODS YES YES YES YES THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I EVER COULD HAVE HOPED FOR.
Spoiler: I win at space (click to show/hide)
No engines used. Just 24 clamps. It turns out there is no height restriction on clamps. It also turns out that by grabbing the capsule, looking straight up, and moving it into an exactly 90 degree angle above your camera, it will cause the struts in the construction warehouse to disappear visually. Set down the capsule in such a state, and you have an infinitely tall tower, along which your capsule will fly at incredibly high speeds.

I am the best at space.

Edit 2:
Looking upwards, the top of the clamps always appear at 1.4KM away from the capsule, no matter how high I go. Capsule speed also does not change from the starting speed.

Edit 3:
Changing the time-dilation settings seems to make the clamps keep a constant height; though the craft continues on its trajectory. Note: in the below image, the 'debris' are the tops of the clamps. Yeah; I just built a space elevator farther than the orbit of Minmus. 8)

Edit 4:
My craft's speed is now properly affected by forces now that the clamps are stationary... But wait... what the hell are those things? O_O
More debris, moving at high velocity, have appeared out of nowhere behind the craft.

The craft is leaving the star system now; another 2 groups of debris appeared behind it; each slower than the last, though even the slowest will escape the star's gravity.

Further testing shows one set of test debris has massively negative altitudes (along with the NaN velocities). Methinks someone forgot to check their trig functions' inputs for validity. :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:16:13 pm by alway »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

WONDERFUL.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Welp, looks like alway just won KSP. We can all go home now.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Thendash made a wonderful spacewalk video. To the Blue Danube Waltz. It is epic.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

That is awesome alway.

Now get back in my server and make a new power grid for the town.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 848