Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1411227 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

About these space planes 8or whatever theyre called). How do I prevent it from tipping over at the runway?
It always manages to steer to the left and eventually crash in that direction before liftoff.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SAS or ASAS help. Keep them on at least until it's time to pitch your nose up.

Some people, however intentionally steer their plane off the runway at low speed and just use the grass to take off. That's always an option and you have a lot more room.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Not to mention, the bumps help to kick the plane up a bit.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Things I'm learning. (click to show/hide)

Either Kerbonauts are a lot bigger than their peers milling about the VAB, or the launch tower is made of Legos.

I still haven't learned how to put down a lander without ridiculous amounts of lateral speed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Re: lateral speed, I usually brake in orbit to such a degree that I basically fall straight down. After that, minor adjustments can be made with RCS.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

keep the nose pointed exactly toward the rear of the velocity vector, lateral speed will cancel out, eventually.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My first spaceplane: http://youtu.be/UNbJKQaqiWo
All stock parts except for the missiles made by JellyCube.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

So this works.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hell of a pain in the arse to launch; but it can fly w/o engine use after launching. It consists of a nearly complete circle of swept wings; the natural shape they form if you stack enough end to end. The two rudders give excellent yaw control, and the front canards allow for motion. By slowly flapping the canards up and down, the entire craft flexes; this provides the thrust and lift necessary for the craft to fly. As cool as that image is, it unfortunately doesn't fully convey how cool the subtle lift-providing flex looks in action.

To launch it, I used launch clamps under every second or third swept wing, with some vertical-pointing tails attached to separators under the front half. Without said tails for support, the back half would crash into the clamps holding the front half.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

As cool as that image is, it unfortunately doesn't fully convey how cool the subtle lift-providing flex looks in action.
Then why not make a video of it? ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

SHOW US EVAS WHILE YOUR AT IT!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

As cool as that image is, it unfortunately doesn't fully convey how cool the subtle lift-providing flex looks in action.
Then why not make a video of it? ;)
Because lazy. Also because that was the only time it launched successfully. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Downloaded the new version and gave it a try today. Turns out that switching back to your ship while a kerbalnaut is in EVA causes a pretty hefty amount of lag. Also, I tried to see what would happen if I opened the parachute on the pod while letting one of the kerbalnauts crash into the water and died. Turns out the pod disappeared without a trace and I couldn't switch back to it or find it on the map. Not sure what the deal there was.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I can't make a working plane no more, they all crash in the sea at the end of the runway.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Add more wings.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 848