Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1413105 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

So, using the new Mechjeb and my usual conniving of Asparagus + JATO + Nuclear interplanetary, I've managed some successful flights to Jool and orbited one of her moons.  I can quite easily get something like 6,500 Delta-V in orbit without laffing about with JATO yet!

With that in mind, does anyone particularly want to see me do something?  Get X in orbit, or land X on a distant planet?  Utilizing docking, I can build some massive ships in orbit and set them off to do incredibly inefficient things.

Oh, I've also got Damned Robotics, but have yet to use any of the mods, so strange ideas are acceptable.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

How does one install mechjeb?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well simply ddrag drop the content of mechjeb archive straight into your KSP root folder. Should be set. Only thing you dont need is the source folder. Also if you check his thread you should see a how-to or go to the spaceport linjk from the thread ad click the isntallation tab,
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

How does one install mechjeb?
Go towards the Spaceport, which you can link directly from in-game.  Find mechjeb, go to forum page.  Download Mechjeb 2.

Open the .zip, open your KSP folder.  Drop the contents of "Parts" into your KSP "Parts" and similar for Plugins and/or Resources or whatever else is provided that I've forgotten.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

The start of my new orbital station:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Small docking nodes are for eventual escape pods. Medium nodes are for vessels. The open end of the habitat module (the one with the 3 inflatable bits) is a large docking node where the station will be expanded. There's another on the other side of the power module. The blocky bit in the middle is my 'lab module'. Really just another habitat.

You sir, have made me want to get back into this game again. And stop dicking around with ICBMs.
We should totally do a station again, but it would be much nicer if you didnt launch a whole god damn ring and scatter debris all over the palce i nthe first turn.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I only saw two people adding tothe station.
That would be me and (presumably) Forsaken.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I'd be up for some community stationbuilding, as long as it's mostly stock. Like, KSPX at most. (and no mechjeb, but that's just wishful thinking nowadays.. -_-)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(and no mechjeb, but that's just wishful thinking nowadays.. -_-)

I've actually never used Mechjeb at all. Is this why I'm having so much trouble getting anything done? :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, using the new Mechjeb and my usual conniving of Asparagus + JATO + Nuclear interplanetary, I've managed some successful flights to Jool and orbited one of her moons.  I can quite easily get something like 6,500 Delta-V in orbit without laffing about with JATO yet!

With that in mind, does anyone particularly want to see me do something?  Get X in orbit, or land X on a distant planet?  Utilizing docking, I can build some massive ships in orbit and set them off to do incredibly inefficient things.

Oh, I've also got Damned Robotics, but have yet to use any of the mods, so strange ideas are acceptable.

Hey Girlinhat, up for a community mining base on one of the outer airless moons? that seems to be a nice challenge....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Generally bases on non-atmospheric planets are easier to manage.
Also Mechjeb isnt cheating at all. Would you yell "CHEATING ASSHOLE" to the poor fucks who has to sit in a capsule for 2 days on their way to ISS just because they use autopilot?

I mostly use autopilot for mundane stuff like launching a sattelite or doing space station/munbase logistics. I use it as a guidance for approaching rendevouz targets and such.

Anything experimental or manned, i do it in hand with guidance.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pah, mechjeb is for casuals, I love flying around for a half hour, trying to "see" the planet and then go to ram-mode.

Also I finally figured out planes - there is nothing more wonderful then a extrem-long-wing plane flying like a bird before i accelerate to 4x and it rips apart.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having an autopilot is for those who want the optimal "astronaut in a cockpit" experience.
Simply punch in the commands, go in cockpit mode and relax.

Certainly not for casuals. A casual thing would be if you could just go up and float like some shitty space mmo like EVE.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I use MechJeb if I want the job to be well done. I can ascent, but I can not make a gravity turn at 10km and keep an inclination of <1deg at the same time. I can't circularize my orbit as good as MechJeb, and landing within 500m from my destination is something I most certainly am incapable of :P.

When I'm too lazy to make orbital maneuvers I use MechJeb for that too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm okay with a stock+ community game. In fact I already have rules written up for the reality style game I had intended to run, just haven't had time. I'll finish that up and get started this afternoon.

Would you guys prefer a casual community space program with no limits or a reality type game where you have a budget and objectives and possibly political pressure/military requirements?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Having a budget would incentivize SSTOs, so I'm for that. ^_^ Objectives are nice too, though I'm not sure I'd like political pressure. The military could just be folded into "objectives" - they still just give out contracts for the space program to fulfill.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 848