Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1411528 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5295 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:22 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzdizR6bJiM

The video that explains the things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGPjUmYHmI

And the one that was in the newsletter.

Any Kerbal advancement is measured in it's ability to cause new and spectacular failures.
Rockets crashing into each other during simultaneous launches?
I approve!

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5296 on: September 12, 2013, 11:30:16 am »

In the current version (not the free demo) there's a full solar system - as far as we know, there's no plans to add any new celestial bodies.
There is another gas giant in the works, an analog to Saturn. The most recently added planet (Eeloo?) is supposedly one of its moons.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:20 pm »

In the current version (not the free demo) there's a full solar system - as far as we know, there's no plans to add any new celestial bodies.
There is another gas giant in the works, an analog to Saturn. The most recently added planet (Eeloo?) is supposedly one of its moons.
no it's not. It's independent.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

Bringing my fails to new levels. Not content to simply flip out things designed to travel through the air, it seems I manage to even cause FUEL TRUCKS to perform daring aerial maneuvers with the power of poor design.

Mission control is gunna be soooooo pissed.

EDIT: Just had fun hooking bill up to a winch and driving away.  Kerbals bounce and tumble very well.  Unfortunately Bob wasn't watching where he was driving and he ramped up one side of the runway causing the truck to pirouette gracefully through the air and fly into a thousand pieces.  Bill was targeted and the force of the winch being destroyed sent him off at what must have been kilometer a second in the direction of the mountains.   Seeya, Bill.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:33:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: September 12, 2013, 03:16:26 pm »

Holy crap, I just realized, I have enough money for this game finally!
Woo, now to actually work up the gumption to put in card information.

Okay, question, is my performance during the demo similar to what I'll get in the full game?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:30:57 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: September 12, 2013, 07:56:01 pm »

Just found that?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: September 12, 2013, 09:23:49 pm »

Just set up a base.  "We couldn't be bothered to actually bring you back.  So we're just going along with the planned base structure, just without one crew.  You're being transfered.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: September 13, 2013, 07:30:19 am »

I searched a bit and I think this is not posted here yet...

We've known about the infinite lift problem for a long time, resulting in physics-defying planes using lots of wings to create lift.

But have you imagined that you can do something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSlKsU7p6Q
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:00:32 am by kcwong »

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #5304 on: September 13, 2013, 07:53:50 am »

We've known about the infinite lift problem, resulting in physics-defying planes using lots of wings to create lift.

But you have imagined you could do something like this?

That is both terrifying and beautiful.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: September 13, 2013, 09:35:24 am »

Wiggle wiggle wiggle.  I love it. It looks like some kind of flying worm monster I'd expect to see in some B movie.

In the related videos I also saw a spaceplane that ended up going 4km a second and leaving the atmosphere in an uncontrolled orbit beyond Jool with nothing but jet engines and air intakes.

Really easy to break physics in this game if you know how I see.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: September 13, 2013, 09:49:08 am »

We've known about the infinite lift problem, resulting in physics-defying planes using lots of wings to create lift.

But you have imagined you could do something like this?
That is both terrifying and beautiful.
Rather impressed by the flexibility; but as far as abusing that particular infinite lift bug, I'm still the winner so far as I know. :P
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88632.msg4140395;topicseen#msg4140395
The upper bounds on velocity for such craft is actually based on how high you can get the forces before floating point error vibrates your ship apart; they can actually pull hundreds of g forces in lower atmosphere.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 09:51:33 am by alway »

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: September 13, 2013, 10:18:41 am »

Sorry, I should put some sort of sources. According to the wiki: There are plans for Eeloo to become the moon of a second gas giant and have an active surface, with cryovolcanic phenomena. It is unknown what Eeloo's parent planet will look like. I haven't heard any different yet.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: September 13, 2013, 11:12:52 am »

Sorry, I should put some sort of sources. According to the wiki: There are plans for Eeloo to become the moon of a second gas giant and have an active surface, with cryovolcanic phenomena. It is unknown what Eeloo's parent planet will look like. I haven't heard any different yet.
Oh. I'm absolutely sorry, I misread your statement. I thought you were saying that Eelo was one of jool's moons. My bad.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: September 13, 2013, 02:19:16 pm »

I just read the last post in dapper voices imagining tophats and cups of tea.   It amused me.

---

Tried to remake that one Real SSTO spaceplane in the works using KSP and the B9 Aerospace pack.  Despite the relatively small wing surface area it seems to fly alright.  If a little heavier than I'm used to.

Now if only I could reliably get it into the sky, because it seems to insist on making a sharp left or right turn on the runway despite 100% symmetry and a COL only slightly behind the CoM.  So far I've only gotten it into the air by carefully driving it into an empty field and taking off there so it doesn't catastrophically leap off of the side of the runway and disintegrate.

I also made a VTOL craft with the eventual plan of making a kethane mining base on Kerbal and transporting full tanks with that.  I managed to make the vertical take off bit work, but my landings need work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:54:51 pm by Greiger »
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 848