Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1399049 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5310 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:11 pm »

You use avast? You realize that douse more harm than good half of the time, right?
Try Malwherebites, it works better and the free version is almost just as good as the payed one.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5311 on: September 13, 2013, 05:02:52 pm »

Malwherebites

*Malwarebytes, to avoid confusion.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: September 13, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »

Microsoft Security Essentials is really good

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: September 13, 2013, 06:23:05 pm »

Avast used to be great, then I think the devs started getting paranoid.   Probably all part of the Antivirus cycle, new av comes out, new av proves very effective, new av gets popular, new av begins to be targeted by virus anti-antivirus countermeasures, then the devs make the antivirus extremely paranoid and that annoys users, or the antivirus becomes ineffective.  Then another av gets popular and it all starts over.

At any rate I use kethane and I haven't noticed any issues.  Likely a false positive.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: September 13, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »

Holy crap, I just realized, I have enough money for this game finally!
Woo, now to actually work up the gumption to put in card information.

Okay, question, is my performance during the demo similar to what I'll get in the full game?
I think the full version will run a little slower than the demo. Probably not anything major though. The load times will be MUCH worse for the full version though. There really isn't anything that can be done about that, since it adds so much.

There have been a few updates since the demo version and SAS and ASAS are very different in the full version than in the demo. ASAS comes standard in all command modules (manned and unmanned) and is now called SAS. What was SAS is now called reaction wheels.

What was ASAS has been recoded and heading can now be changed with it on instead of turning it off, changing heading, and turning it on again. This change also seems to have made ASAS control much less capable of staying precisely on a heading when controlling unstable craft. The craft's heading seems to float around where ASAS is set to.

What was SAS requires electricity to use now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:28:52 pm by Leonon »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: September 13, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »

I am sorry, I cant spell.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: September 13, 2013, 08:57:47 pm »

Holy crap, I just realized, I have enough money for this game finally!
Woo, now to actually work up the gumption to put in card information.

Okay, question, is my performance during the demo similar to what I'll get in the full game?
I think the full version will run a little slower than the demo. Probably not anything major though. The load times will be MUCH worse for the full version though. There really isn't anything that can be done about that, since it adds so much.

There have been a few updates since the demo version and SAS and ASAS are very different in the full version than in the demo. ASAS comes standard in all command modules (manned and unmanned) and is now called SAS. What was SAS is now called reaction wheels.

What was ASAS has been recoded and heading can now be changed with it on instead of turning it off, changing heading, and turning it on again. This change also seems to have made ASAS control much less capable of staying precisely on a heading when controlling unstable craft. The craft's heading seems to float around where ASAS is set to.

What was SAS requires electricity to use now.

For performance I actually had the exact opposite issue.  The demo ran like absolute garbage for me.  Any rocket capable of reaching orbit reduced my FPS to single digits.  Now all but the largest construction runs buttery smooth.   Maybe something with my system in particular got optimized?  *shrug*

(another adventure in fail, made a huge spaceplane.  Has enough thrust and lift to fly beautifully when in the air and likely get into space easily.  Needs a longer runway.  I only managed to take off with it once, and that was almost literaly by the skin of my teeth.  Checking the flight report a tiny radial rcs tank on the underside of the tail got stripped off by water when I finally started gaining altitude)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 09:02:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: September 14, 2013, 03:49:03 am »

So I was doing a test to how many gees the kerbals have to endure if they fall from 80 megameters up onto Kerbin.

They managed to hit Mun on the way down. What are the odds???

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: September 14, 2013, 04:46:12 am »

I started using Mathtm to design my interplanetary vessels. It turns out Mathtm works amazingly well. The only trouble is getting the blasted things into orbit.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: September 14, 2013, 10:41:09 am »

I started using Mathtm to design my interplanetary vessels. It turns out Mathtm works amazingly well. The only trouble is getting the blasted things into orbit.
Bog standard solution: add more boosters!
Yeah, but to make the Space Rod Planet Exploratory Vehicletm not wobbly takes a lot of struts which mess up my aerodynamics.

Hmmm... I thing it's time I tried my hand at Orbital Assembly.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: September 14, 2013, 10:47:25 am »

Wasn't there a bug that caused struts to be weightless and dragless?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: September 14, 2013, 10:48:53 am »

I don't know, all I know is that the rotation issues stop if I remove the struts (and are replaced by wobble issues)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: September 14, 2013, 12:22:32 pm »

I don't think it's a bug, so much as explicitly part of the design.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: September 14, 2013, 12:45:20 pm »

Is there some secret button somewhere to simulate draining a craft's fuel one stage at a time while showing how lift/thrust/center of gravity move as it does? Because there really should be.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:48:10 pm by alway »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: September 14, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »

Okay, I got my Joollama (yeah, Space Rod was... immature) into high Kerbin orbit whereupon I discovered a fatal flaw in my design.

The blasted thing has got no docking port. all that delta V, lost to correcting the orbit, never to be recovered again.

Oh, well, I'm going to go crash it into the moon. No traces of my failure must remain!
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 848