Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1452249 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I've started adding in disposable batteries on some ships. Once they're drained they detach and float away.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I always have a couple of 1000s attached, since I'm usually sending very large probes out with large things. I just send multiple sciences.
My probe design is mostly based around the idea of "If I make it too heavy I'll have to redesign the lifter stage". Laziness is a brilliant innovator.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I already made the lifter stage horribly overpowered in the first place, so it's all good.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
I've symetrized it, this docking being surprisingly easier than the previous one. It shall become my Sun station. will Now to wonder if the middle engine, on a now full tank, can get the whole thing into Kerbol orbit...

Or maybe I should glue some ion engines to it first?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Why no nuclear engines? And ion engines will take forever ;_;

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

This is career mode. I don't have nuclear engines yet. And don't ask why I didn't get them in the first 3 flights, not everyone's that pro.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm a few pages behind this but I noticed something:

Bonus shot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... So many ill-fitting parts. I wish Kerbals could climb over ladder edges. Have fun with it, though. Alt+F12 for part clipping is a must. Center of mass is way too high. I bet it flips the moment it hits Mun's surface.
[/quote]
Part clipping? Does that mean what I think it does because if it does It may solve issues I've had for ages.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a few pages behind this but I noticed something:
Bonus shot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... So many ill-fitting parts. I wish Kerbals could climb over ladder edges. Have fun with it, though. Alt+F12 for part clipping is a must. Center of mass is way too high. I bet it flips the moment it hits Mun's surface.
Part clipping? Does that mean what I think it does because if it does It may solve issues I've had for ages.

Stick things inside other things. Give it a try. It makes things interesting although a bit cheaty.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I always have a couple of 1000s attached, since I'm usually sending very large probes out with large things. I just send multiple sciences.
My probe design is mostly based around the idea of "If I make it too heavy I'll have to redesign the lifter stage". Laziness is a brilliant innovator.
This should actually be fairly standard thought.  Make a lifter that can get 5t to orbit.  Every ship you build must be less than 5t.  Work with it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

This should actually be fairly standard thought.  Make a lifter that can get 5t to orbit.  Every ship you build must be less than 5t.  Work with it.
I have way overpowered my rocket, given that like I said, it can get to Duna with basically no planning.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Hmm, It seems that what i needed was a button that enforces stronger clipping detection, sometimes when i'm trying to rotate something into the position i want it ends up inside my other parts. But this 'unbreakable joints' setting looks like it might help my problems with failure of multiple radial decouplers to hold the same part.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I removed the FAR plugin and I am trying to remake my shuttle as a standard craft - damn it is hard

I guess it is to heavy because to fly horizontal it needs an angle of attack of 20 degree. anyone has a large space plane ssto design that works just to see the differences?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

I have a few designs but they're mostly designed to carry people. The closest I've got that lifts payload was one that had the "payload" (a small unsuccessful lander) in tail section. All stock, too.

I just think you need more engines and air intakes. You're simply not getting enough speed with just one turbojet, although landing will be tough. Unless you want colossal or multiplane wing structures.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:27:12 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

I just got back from the Mun in one piece :D
With !!SCIENCE!!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 848