Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1452242 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So what all mods do y'all recommend/use? Currently I am using engineer, but I was wondering if I should get FAR or anything like that. It took me a couple days but I got through career mode, but if I changed the game mechanics up a bit with mods I'd probably go through career again.
I recommend KSP interstellar. Its a fantastic mod.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

FAR
interstellar
near future propulsion
KAS
KW rocketry
etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

So what all mods do y'all recommend/use? Currently I am using engineer, but I was wondering if I should get FAR or anything like that. It took me a couple days but I got through career mode, but if I changed the game mechanics up a bit with mods I'd probably go through career again.
I recommend KSP interstellar. Its a fantastic mod.

I'm replaying career with far, deadly reentry and the treeloader plugin that comes with a much more satisfying tree (communication devices come much later on so you have to return science, and there deadly reentry happens)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

As an extension of Career, I'd get Kethane.  It lets you harvest fuel from most planets and moons so you can continue flying.  There's similar mods for mining and extraplanetary launch pads.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still trying to figure out FAR. Last time I used Kethane it slowed things way down. I tend to zoom a lot in both views and it became painful. SelectRoot and PartCatalog are handy.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

KAS, KerbalX, Enhanced Navball and Deadly Reentry.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I've got mechjeb. It's pretty handy for handling long transfer burns and planning transfers that I can't find a good route for after twenty minutes of fiddling with nodes, although it isn't showing up in career mode for some reason despite being set to be available from the "start" tech node. Do I have to start a new career game for new modded parts to show up?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I have to start a new career game for new modded parts to show up?

No.  Open the tech tree, click on the node that the part should be in, and click on it in the parts list on the right.  It'll ask you if you want to unlock it.  Unlocking's free.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

It's actually not showing up there, at all. It does show up in the inventory in my sandbox mode game, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

not all mods are compatible with career mode, some parts just don't have the right tags (or something like that)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I tried updating it to the build that was released today (ten minutes ago according to the little timer) and now one of them is showing up and it allowed me to research it, although I don't actually see the node for the other (automation.) Probably just not there yet.
I make Spellcrafts!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Okay, so I got Engineer. I don't know what some of these numbers mean, though.
Nothing important here, move along.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Eureka Science Station

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Currently performing a long term plant growth experiment via the Station Science mod.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I don't recall exactly what engineer outputs, but the big important numbers I know are Delta-v and TWR.

Delta-v how much potential for changing your velocity you have,   More delta-v is better, you need at least 4500 to get into kerbin orbit, but compared to that getting from kerbin to anywhere is cheap, I think it's about 2k to get to eeloo.

TWR is your thrust to weight ratio.  If it's above 1 your ship is capable of moving up (very slowly) when in kerbin gravity.  Higher is also generally better, though I hear you waste fuel if you have it too high.  Somewhere around 3 or so I think.

These vague likely incorrect tips brought to you by Greiger's dead reckoning rocketry corp.  "Why do complex math when you can guesstimate!"
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Get TWR of 2, and highest Dv you can get.  That's the basics of getting a lifter stage.  Once in space, just get high Dv.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 848