Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1413635 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I prefer the kas attachable strut, quantum strut just link magically, kas strut you have to grab them in eva and do the attachment

the strut between the yellow attachment is created by kas during eva - jeb is holding the second one, to be attached to another empty point

.....  :(

any mod that fix the wheel friction on low gravity bodies?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:27:26 pm by LoSboccacc »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

My most successful KSP save so far met its end in save corruption. I was sending a Kethane refinery to Duna, realized that it had no source of power, and sent a KAS care package after it with some solar panels. And then, after quickloading, my ship went dark and to an altitude of a lot of sixes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:35:04 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

My most successful KSP save so far met its end in save corruption. I was sending a Kethane refinery to Duna, realized that it had no source of power, and sent a KAS care package after it with some solar panels. And then, after quickloading, my ship went dark and to an altitude of a lot of sixes.
That darn hell kraken. It's pretty rare for it to strike outside the deepest depths of Jool, so there you go.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I actually got it a couple times on kerbin, but never during load.  I was able to restart the game and load a quicksave and it was back to normal.

I ended up identifying the culprit as my plane crashing while a kerbal was loose in the cargo bay of a kethane cargo plane.  It seems having kerbals loose anywhere on a moving object is very good at causing issues. 

Wonder if anyone has made any kind of autobackup mod that backs up and compresses a few copies of a save.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to swich to my second lander, instead I focused this piece of debris

because it's moving, I can't swap out of it, and I can't exit without reverting to pre launch

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Hey, at least you didn't switch to an RCS port that started falling through the surface the moment you switch to it. That happened to me once and it literally just kept on going forever.

How can that thing roll for so long? Isn't friction supposed to stop it or make it fall over or w/e?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, at least you didn't switch to an RCS port that started falling through the surface the moment you switch to it. That happened to me once and it literally just kept on going forever.

How can that thing roll for so long? Isn't friction supposed to stop it or make it fall over or w/e?

It was on the second highest point on minmus, I kid you not.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I do like that particular mod.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to make a jetcar.  After a couple iterations I made one that only flips out the majority of the time at high speed.

Unfortunately it has another issue.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or very very wrong.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Reminds me of one of the spaceplane design in HOCGaming's Hypertesting. It was basically a liquid fuel tank, a cabin and an engine. It was surprisingly stable.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

I decided to make a jetcar.  After a couple iterations I made one that only flips out the majority of the time at high speed.

Kerbal Horseshoe Theory.

There is no distinction.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

This is why very fast cars are shaped to push them down against the ground. Because if you don't, they will get lifted off the ground, flip over, and explode. Which doesn't actually work in KSP, since the ground is full of physics bugs, and pressing down against it will likely just push your wheel into the ground or introduce some fatal instability.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I wasn't able to land the thing.  While it has no control surfaces whatsoever outside of the reaction wheel in the cockpit, it's incredibly stable at full thrust like Sheb said.  A little overstable though since it pitches and rolls very sluggishly.  Yaw is only a little better thanks to the vectoring jets, but tends to force a roll with the yaw if I'm not careful with it.

I actually made an attempt to keep it on the ground though, an old design would lift off and do a backflip at about 200mph.  I added an attempt at a spoiler to the back of it which is basically just a very thin downward angled wing above the engines.   It did a very good job of keeping the thing on the ground up to about 500 mph where the ground dipped and it got airborne.

Unfortunately I think that is what is making it hard to land, because when the engines are not near full power it wants to lose altitude rapidly and flip out.   So I guess the spoiler works, just not with the full power of the engines fighting it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

To be honest, 500 mph is a let of a lot of speed for a ground vehicle. IIRC, the only vehicle that beat that on Earth only rolled on salt flats for a reason.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was hoping to break the mach barrier :P  And it took off from the grounds around the KSC which as far as I know is the closest thing we have to the salt flats.  The dip was where the KSC starts to dip into the ocean.  So I suppose flight was the best thing that could have happened, since I haven't figured out how to make the breaks not be an "Explode the car" button at even highway speeds.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 848