Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1410066 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Mech Jeb is really impressive because you can watch how a "master" does the tasks you fail at.
Which is exactly why I never use it. It takes all the fun of failing out of rocket science.
+1

It'd be like some sort of auto-dig mod that will designate an optimum fort design for you. What's the fun in that?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

well, I DO like the auto-dig mod that just designates all of one stone type for digging.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know I was talking about how the moderation has gotten worse?

I reported a post that was ovbviously insulting another user. I get an infraction because the insulter was a moderator.
You cannot do anything whatsoever to "undermine" them, including reporting their posts that break the rules.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:53:03 am by Supercharazad »

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile

At least you could get registered, i can't even be approved for registration...
Set phasers to tsun.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

There are two level to mechjeb features: smartass help you greaty to learn orbital mechanich, giving you set points to perform maneuvers.

The automatic moon descent, not so helpful in learning.

I'm divided about the ascent autopilot: it makes it too easy, but I did so many launchings that it's super boring

GobbieMarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Whoops. (click to show/hide)

As an aside, a Kerbinese year is roughly 110 Kerbinese days.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Whenever i do that I'm disappointed that my orbit never changes whenever i come close to Kerbin/the mun.
I guess my assumption of close is pretty far from reality.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Aw... It seems you can collide with the sun now. No more inter-stellar travel via rocketing through the sun's core... :(

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I've got a great Albatruss SSTO tanker design made!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, it suffers from a bit of a problem...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Aw... It seems you can collide with the sun now. No more inter-stellar travel via rocketing through the sun's core... :(
Well, you could still orbit the sun until you have enough velocity to rocket away.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Or more accurately, do a really close slingshotting around it. I don't think the sun can burn you already.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugly as sin, but this is my first orbit-capable plane. Kaw 2.. pay no attention to me using fuel tanks to get ground clearance.

I have a (much) cleaner version, but it isn't capable of orbit. I need a di-coupler part that is capable of taking advantage of symmetry; the one I have right now requires me to build both halves of the plane completely separate.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Heh, found something fun to do now that we have permanent space ships and debris in orbit... Build a debris-ship! :D

My 'Nefarious' class ships are capable of getting to orbit with several tanks left for maneuvering with approximately 80 free radial decouplers. Get into a stable orbit, fire one bunch (consisting of 6 or 8 positioned around the vehicle), maneuver into a slightly different orbital trajectory, repeat. Due to the slightly different velocities, you soon have a ring of 'Nefarious Debris' surrounding your planet; fly in that orbital area at your own risk. I imagine radial decouplers hitting at 2000 m/s does slightly more than tickle. :3
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:39:59 pm by alway »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Woah. How big did you even make that? Getting fuel into orbit is the one thing I just cannot do. Like, enough for Mun orbit and back and that's about it. Are you building mountains of engines or something?

FAKEDIT: Unless you just meant 80 decouplers ready to be decoupled.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Yeah, 80 decouplers; screenshot of orbit after 3 nefarious Nefarious missions (though with a few SpaceMonkeys thrown in):
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:13:39 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 848