Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1409074 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

It's great; now every time I launch I can see debris off in the distance, 20 or 30 km away, menacing as I go up.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

have you managed to hit some of that debris? I want to know what happens!

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Challenge: Cause a head-on collision, and record for science.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Easier said than done; it's like hitting a bullet with another bullet... Except bullets travel slower. But if I accumulate enough I figure I will eventually.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it's like hitting a bullet with another bullet...

...whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it's like hitting a bullet with another bullet...

...whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse?

But in this case, quite literally, it is space that's moving, instead of the spacecraft.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

So, version 0.15 worked for me until I guess it was patched a week ago.  Now it has decided to one-up my rockets and crash on hitting the "Go To Launch" button.  As in, when I try to leave the designer and begin simulation.

Phooey.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I landed a space plane just off the runway.

Then my next space plane when out of control and slammed into the old one. Lots of explosions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I landed a space plane just off the runway.

Then my next space plane when out of control and slammed into the old one. Lots of explosions.
Ya know, if it does that so consistently that it hits the previous ones, you may have a design issue there. :P

Oh, and here's a view from a craft in the same orbit as the debris field:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The grey diamonds are pieces of debris. :3

This is after 5 Nefarious Missions; though unfortunately, 1 of them had an orbit too low, and so most of its payload is in a quickly decaying orbit which now sweeps as low as 60 km above the surface.
I'm sort of getting a proper appreciation for all the times they talk about space-junk. Especially considering the Earth doesn't look so different:
Spoiler: earth's debris field (click to show/hide)
See, if they just put HUDs on the ISS views showing the location and movement of space debris, I think people would get a better idea of it. :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:49:50 pm by alway »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Try to use fallback part shaders, and perhaps force 2.0 shaders for terrain if you're having issues.
Also, some rocket designs just lag. Excessively complex ones with lots of struts especially. Has to do more with physics than graphics.

In other news, my SSTO spaceplane, Albatruss MkIV-KS, has managed to complete its first full mission, delivering a fuel pod to Kerbosynchronous orbit (or an approximation thereof), and actually returning in one piece afterward.

(pictured: Albatruss MkIV-X10, final prototype for Albatruss MkIV-KS. click to expand.)

Mission log follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next time I tried shooting for a Mun orbital delivery. It... didn't go so well.

(click to expand)
Even though I actually left the pod in Mun orbit, a fudged up return trajectory nearly left me hurtling out of Kerbin's SOI. I barely managed to make a burn for home. Landing is still pending on that mission.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I finally scraped together $15! KSP, you WILL be mine :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Try to use fallback part shaders, and perhaps force 2.0 shaders for terrain if you're having issues.
Also, some rocket designs just lag. Excessively complex ones with lots of struts especially. Has to do more with physics than graphics.

... Thank you for pointing this out, i'll try to avoid putting 2,000 struts on all my rockets from now on.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you get those trajectory maps? Is it only in the non-demo version?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Indeed. those were added after the last free version.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Am I the only one having some serious issues with staging in the newest version?

For example, I have a Munar lander (or at least, it's supposed to be one. Haven't gotten that far yet). It's a central, single-fuel-tank-rocket with 4 of the tiny LF engines arranged in a ring on decouplers. I usually stack this on top of my main orbital stages. Problem is, the game wants to put my primary engines and everything else in the same stage as the tiny LF engines, which older versions never seemed to do. Thus, when taking off all of my engines, aside from the one directly beneath the command pod, ignite at once and I lose a lot of fuel that I needed to save. To put it simply, what should be a seven-or-more stage rocket turns into a three-stage one.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 848