Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448782 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The Protractor certainly helped me get close to other planets faster, and with luck my first flight to Eve actually succeeded. However, the same lightning hasn't struck twice, and since then I haven't gotten to the planets precisely enough. If the protractor helps you get into the general vicinity of the planet, how do you make the final fine tunings for the rendezvous?
Burn straight at it? Works for me if I miss something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Protractor certainly helped me get close to other planets faster, and with luck my first flight to Eve actually succeeded. However, the same lightning hasn't struck twice, and since then I haven't gotten to the planets precisely enough. If the protractor helps you get into the general vicinity of the planet, how do you make the final fine tunings for the rendezvous?

Pictures, or it didn't happen  8 ;D

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Burn straight at it? Works for me if I miss something.

use adamKSP:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/21111-PLUGIN-0-17-AdamKSP-Show-Phase-and-Ejection-Angle-DRAW-trajectory-on-map-v0-6

and the lookup tables here:
http://ksp.olex.biz

for some reason shows better current ship angles:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/21544-17-Protractor-Rendez-Plugin-v-2-3-4-10-18-12?p=286942&viewfull=1#post286942
I have noticed that more often than not I do NOT get a SOI change on my first try when I follow the angles from your plugin but I DO get a hit on the first try when I follow the angles from AdamKSP

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Is this game worth the $18 ? :D I've tried the demo, and it seems pretty neat, actually.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this game worth the $18 ? :D I've tried the demo, and it seems pretty neat, actually.
YES

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

look at this, a trip to another planet using a single stage plane:
http://imgur.com/a/8s5le#0

I think yes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Wow, it looks a lot more advanced than the demo. More features. D:

I think I'll buy it when I have time to play it. And when I hook up Paypal with my new debit card number.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

look at this, a trip to another planet using a single stage plane:
http://imgur.com/a/8s5le#0

I think yes.
Yikes! Good job! :o
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

disclaimer: not mine. but I saw it posted around here I think, and it impressed me as well!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

i like the end image.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Can it get to Jool? I'm curious how well that thing flies on Lathe.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not well, at a guess. You need more wing area to fly there, even wtih less gravity. I *think* the surface pressure is less than on kerbin.
Magma is overrated.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not well, at a guess. You need more wing area to fly there, even wtih less gravity. I *think* the surface pressure is less than on kerbin.

wiki say 80% of kerbin, give or take

edit:

so I managed to make a plane that has enough power to reach 0.96 mach on its own power. (using the ferram aerospace research)
so I dived a bit, passing the sound barrier, and I'm now happily running at mach 2  8)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:15:20 pm by LoSboccacc »

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, I just made my first round-trip to Duna and back!

I'm still puzzled by spaceplanes though. This monstrosity carries 7050 liters of jet fuel, but just two aerospike engines devour it all in less than five minutes! Is there something fundamentally wrong with it?

Also, how do the air intakes work?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Can't understand spaceplanes at all :< They always tilt off-balance and asplode.

On the other hand, achieving low earth orbit is now very possible. The next stage is the Mun! :D

...but that's a whole different problem Dx

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 848