Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1409865 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would find a cross-game-cross-player-game quite fun, like, let me just form my brain mess into words...

Player A needs a ammo refill for his Aurora spaceship. So he hires player C for a kerbal-delivery, which is fuled by player U's factoria/df game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

By military objectives/political pressure I mean sometimes random 'events' could pop up saying "You must deploy xx satellite into yy orbit immediately." or "Launch a weaponized spacecraft and destroy this target."

You will usually be rewarded for these, sometimes only on success. These would be random and rare, not the norm.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would def sub to that thread and see ppl's mind at work :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Sounds fun. I will have a lot of spare time in a week so I i might actually participate this time :)

I would be fine with not using MechJeb if other don't like it. Well, the only problem is precise landing, but with a bit of practicing that should not be a problem. The other MechJeb stuff only really saves fuel and time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Sounds fun. I will have a lot of spare time in a week so I i might actually participate this time :)

I would be fine with not using MechJeb if other don't like it. Well, the only problem is precise landing, but with a bit of practicing that should not be a problem. The other MechJeb stuff only really saves fuel and time.
In fact some mechjeb operations waste tons of fuel, but I think I'll leave mechjeb in for people to use/not use as they see fit. Some people need it, others just enjoy using it to automate tedious things.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I'd probably recommend only KSPX and Kerbal Engineer Redux as mods (plus things like the Subassembly Plugin). Mechjeb... well I'd loathe to install it, but I'm fine if people feel they can't participate otherwise. I mean, it doesn't do anything as long as you don't put any of its controlpods on the ship, right?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Actually, unless some of the other mods you mentioned already, I'd be for installing MechJeb just to see delta V and FTW ratio each stage has. Just remove the part before launching the ship and you won't have any of the MechJeb functions. I'd also recommend Kethane and the Mapping Mod. Personally, I'd rather not have any extra recourse / engine parts. Vanilla has enough of those already.

In other words: do what you want. I'll probably still join :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:04:11 am by Dutchling »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I can just use Kerbal Engineer for that. ^_^

(also, TTW or TWR. Not FTW. :P)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Right now I'm thinking we'll start with limited stock and stock expansion parts, mechjeb 2(if you don't put a controller on it doesn't do anything), kerbal engineer, subassembly, part filter, maybe a few others.

By limited stock parts, I mean things like nervas and other parts will probably be unlocked via research.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

What about (stock) military ships? They would certainly made a grand long term goal. Especially if there's stuff for the 'fight'.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

What about (stock) military ships? They would certainly made a grand long term goal. Especially if there's stuff for the 'fight'.
The rules I have set up allow you to pretty much do anything you like, though you may have to wait on things like building military ships until you have the budget to support it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Another shot from my current project.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That will be my jool atmospheric mining station. Well really it will be on laythe.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Spoiler: It's watching me! (click to show/hide)

Anyways, I tried to build a refueling station orbiting Eve! With kethane and MechJeb2! If only it worked as planned...
The first mistake was to let MechJeb autowarp to SoI transition before checking the Eve orbits. So most of the stuff ended in the same inclination, ~180º, except for the Kethane tank. I obviously could try reverse the orbits but that was too darn expensive. Instead I tried fixing it with this crazy maneuver where I transferred to Gilly when it came the closest to Eve.
Spoiler: Oh hai, Gilly! (click to show/hide)
Warped until Gilly reached its apoapsis, shot my way out and reversed the orbit and pulled off an aerobrake maneuver in Eve's, glitched, upper atmosphere.
Spoiler: Trippy, Eve. (click to show/hide)
But it was all for naught for in the end there was not enough fuel left to properly circularize the orbit at the desired height.

The second mistake was to not give the Kethane extractor enough RCS fuel. It had already burned through half and was barely able to dock with the hub module to refuel.
However, the third mistake was to put the engines too close to the rocket body of the extractor, which ended up blocking any docking attempts.

At least the power module made it.
Spoiler: UNLIMITED POWAH! (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Hey Girlinhat, up for a community mining base on one of the outer airless moons? that seems to be a nice challenge....
Mechjeb handles too many valuable things, like during ascent it handles pitch, roll, thrust, staging, and current altitude all at once.  I'm simply incapable of juggling that many things at once.  It can also do math that is simply beyond me, like phase angles.

Mechjeb is polite though.  You can run mechjeb fully and enjoy it.  You can also instal the module but leave the windows closed and fly manually, the module itself weighs some fractional amount so small the VAB shows it as an E-exponent.  In which case, it would be polite to put the module on any ship, even if you don't plan to use it, the next pilot could utilize it.

That said, if we've got mechjeb I'll land an ocean cruise liner on Duna.  So let's do this!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't Duna the Mars equivalent? Hence the name?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 848