Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1398715 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For more extreme orbit changes you can raise your apoapsis until you'll move very slowly at that point, wait until you get there, and burn retrograde until you come to a near stop. After that you can burn into any orbit you want.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

For more extreme orbit changes you can raise your apoapsis until you'll move very slowly at that point, wait until you get there, and burn retrograde until you come to a near stop. After that you can burn into any orbit you want.
But it has its limits. A full orbit reversal for a circular orbit will only be 58.6% ((2 - √2)*100%) more efficient at most compared to doing it at the original orbital radius. You'll of course hit SOI before that but 50% will occur at an orbital "work" radius which is eight times the original orbial radius (when both are calculated from the center of the orbital body).

Although for any given inclination change, the delta-v required will be the same as doing a full orbit reversal by the same method. However, the efficiency will most likely be different (decreasing I'd conjecture).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:14:28 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

I can't believe this works. But it does. Takes off damn near instantly, though landing it is more challenging.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

I don't.. What? How? That should never be able to fly. Like, ever. That's too cute to fly.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Jebediah looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

I can has sig?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

I can has sig?
Go ahead. :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Sounds like Jeb found out about where Kethane comes from.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Jebediah Kerman has claimed a Vehicle Assembly Building!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

I recently sent a probe to Jool and did what one normally does around Jool, Take pictures.

I should mention this is my first time getting anything to Jool.

Spoiler: Photogenic Probe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: +Laythe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jool and Tylo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:24:24 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

A moon with a moon? Intriguing... maybe I should set up the moon-moon kethane factory.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

We must go deeper.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A model of how Kerbals perform surgery.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:31:10 pm by Twi »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Could you spoiler those?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know when a game just is so bleh or meh that it makes you want to play another game thats like it but better? I dont have that.
I have when a game is so cool, that it makes you want to play a similar game, and then that game makes you want to play the game you started with? And so on?

I have that with KSP and Aurora. And I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 848