Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1412165 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

First successful Kerbin orbit to Munar encounter: check.
First successful Kerbin orbit to Munar encounter to Munar orbit: check.
Enough fuel to de-orbit after a Kerbin encounter: check.
I feel good.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm crashing into the Mun.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:54:32 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I feel good.

You are getting sigged.
Also, KAS bugginess? Any patterns? Basically, what I asked for earlier?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My point was against the orbital launchpads, not orbital construction.
Spacecraft built entirely in orbit and only intended to work in a vacuum are a staple of science fiction. I don't understand why you're so against the idea.

Anyways, I've just had a problem with KAS. I linked a couple "craft" with a fuel pipe during a test, but after I did that, I couldn't leave. Space Center, Revert Flight, Recover Vessel...nope. Nothing worked. What caused this and how can I avoid it? I'd like to know before I spend the time sending a refueling ship to Minmus.
It's apparently a known bug of KAS. The only solution I know of is to uninstall KAS. It can happen to any craft, not just ones which are using KAS features. If you don't want to remove the mod, your best bet is to quicksave often and avoid large spacecraft.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tl;dr: Orbital construction isn't only realistic, it's extremely practical and people do it all the time in KSP even without orbital launchpads.

Launchpads have different challenges. You still have to feed them. You also have to land them. It's not easy. Both landed and orbital are easy and hard in their own different ways.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I feel good.

You are getting sigged.

I don't see it in your sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spacecraft built entirely in orbit and only intended to work in a vacuum are a staple of science fiction. I don't understand why you're so against the idea.
You could apply that same argument to things like reactionless drives and FTL travel.
And the thing is...you can build things in orbit. You just don't want to. And even something like quantum struts is a way less silly way of doing things than a launch pad in orbit.

It's apparently a known bug of KAS. The only solution I know of is to uninstall KAS. It can happen to any craft, not just ones which are using KAS features. If you don't want to remove the mod, your best bet is to quicksave often and avoid large spacecraft.
Damn.

That's because I haven't put it there yet. There's usually a delay while I do other stuff. I got into the habit when I was on a sigging binge, so I could put a dozen quotes in at once.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yoy could always build the enterprise on the ground and ;roject orion it straight to orbit.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That's because I haven't put it there yet. There's usually a delay while I do other stuff. I got into the habit when I was on a sigging binge, so I could put a dozen quotes in at once.

...I don't see any quotes in your sig...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

You could apply that same argument to things like reactionless drives and FTL travel.
And the thing is...you can build things in orbit. You just don't want to. And even something like quantum struts is a way less silly way of doing things than a launch pad in orbit.
There is a difference between "dock things to things in space and pretend it was meant to be that way", and emulating an actual orbital shipyard. Even with KAS, there are still many things you plainly can't do with per-module assembly. Extraplanetary Launchpads is just filling in for the abilities you would have IRL, but can't have right now in KSP.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

He has his sig on the sig thread, and a link to said sig thread in his sig.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a difference between "dock things to things in space and pretend it was meant to be that way", and emulating an actual orbital shipyard. Even with KAS, there are still many things you plainly can't do with per-module assembly. Extraplanetary Launchpads is just filling in for the abilities you would have IRL, but can't have right now in KSP.
"Pretend it was meant to be this way"? If you're half-competent, you'll have planned it that way and won't need to pretend.
And notice how there is no such thing as an "actual orbital shipyard" in reality, nor plans for one? Notice how KSP is more representative of modern space mission technology than sci-fi (ignoring of course the lack of life support requirements)?
Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Pretend it was meant to be this way"? If you're half-competent, you'll have planned it that way and won't need to pretend.
And notice how there is no such thing as an "actual orbital shipyard" in reality, nor plans for one? Notice how KSP is more representative of modern space mission technology than sci-fi (ignoring of course the lack of life support requirements)?

Just stop.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Notice that I'm not starting anything. I'm just responding. Easy way to get me to stop, if y'all don't want this to continue.
Sig

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

He has his sig on the sig thread, and a link to said sig thread in his sig.

Ah, okay. Well, if you're half-competent, you wouldn't call something that isn't your sig your "sig".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would you call it, then?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 848