Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443907 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I'm still interested in solutions for that get-to-the-surface save editing thing...
No easy solutions that I know of, but if you install HyperEdit you can bring your vessel to the surface of any planet easily.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I'm still interested in solutions for that get-to-the-surface save editing thing...
No easy solutions that I know of, but if you install HyperEdit you can bring your vessel to the surface of any planet easily.

...I lol'd
This is genius trolling right here.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I have HyperEdit. Didn't I mention earlier that trying to use the Land function makes my ship explode for no apparent reason?
Before you ask, it happens even when I'm above the terrain. And when I'm above the atmosphere.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never had a problem with hyperedit but I don't use FAR or anything that changes how physics works in KSP.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I have HyperEdit. Didn't I mention earlier that trying to use the Land function makes my ship explode for no apparent reason?
Before you ask, it happens even when I'm above the terrain. And when I'm above the atmosphere.
I fail at following discussions. :P

Is it only the land function, or any translation function at all? HyperEdit basically does the exact same modifying the location thing, so even if you were to change the location of your ship in the persistence file, you'd get the same explosion for your troubles.

You might be better off just hacking fuel and gravity and landing the thing on manual. On that note, try to enable god mode (something about joint breakage, I forget what it's called) and try the Land function again. If it's something physical, an unbreakable ship should survive.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:12:30 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Do hyperedit respect the terrain lod? If you go with reduced terrain detail it might place you slightly above or belove the model

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it only the land function, or any translation function at all? HyperEdit basically does the exact same modifying the location thing, so even if you were to change the location of your ship in the persistence file, you'd get the same explosion for your troubles.
Just the Land function.

You might be better off just hacking fuel and gravity and landing the thing on manual. On that note, try to enable god mode (something about joint breakage, I forget what it's called) and try the Land function again. If it's something physical, an unbreakable ship should survive.
Tried it. Didn't help.
I suppose I could, but there's a few issues. One, Deadly Reentry. Two, precision.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would say get rid of deadly reentry even temporarily but it doesn't like that. Things from DR explode when you come back to them with no DR. It's a huuuuge flaw of that mod.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I did all sorts of fun things last couple weeks. Captured an asteroid in Kerbal orbit, launched a couple SSTO's, neither of which had fuel left to maneuver much after completing their orbital burn. One of them is a silly, boxy biplane sort of thing. Performed science on the Mun.

Also identified an asteroid on a collision course and sent a probe that will probably have enough DV to at least shove it into a more civilized trajectory. There are maybe two or three others I need to worry about and I keep forgetting to write down their names, but none of them will pose a threat for a good half-year.

After the rendezvous with the deadly space rock, I'll probably nab the last of the science from Minmus and continue on the science the rest of the system. My brother is also learning to play the game, and got Jeb stuck in orbit around Kerbin.

Also, question: Anybody know how to extract any form of scientific data from asteroids? I can't get a space-rock related crew report from the ship docked to the captured space-rock.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you can only get a ground sample, by right clicking it. not sure if you need to be in EVA.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Get close, EVA, right click the roid, collect surface sample.

Also note: the surface sample is per biome. Which means: an asteroid in high orbit gives science. That same asteroid over the poles gives more science. That same asteroid over water gives more science... and so on. (at least, I'm pretty sure that how it works now; not sure if it uses ground biomes, but it does use space biomes at the very least)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page

AFAIK, it's for every combination of SoI + biome + situation.

Challenge mode:
  • Land asteroid at KSC.
  • Construct a rugged all-terrain vehicle with a hullcam and heavy-duty robotic arm.
  • Recreate this album with your new giant space rock BFF.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Once more I am amazed and inspired by someone random creation on internet

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/26otqj/fa37_talon_from_film_stealth_replica/

Edit removed https because scary warnings

Story here http://www.reddit.com/comments/pz5kx
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:42:38 am by LoSboccacc »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: My Web Browser
You attempted to reach www.reddit.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as a248.e.akamai.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.reddit.com.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
What the...?
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

More carry warnings.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 848