Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1413659 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lots of mods don't work with it. Have to be compiled against it, I'm sure.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Got a design for you all, the Stone Incorporated Heavy Tug V1.5.
Comes with the base for a asteroid base.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Could anyone point me to a recommended mods list? I'm looking at the mod library in the forums, but it'd be nice to know what mods you guys think are worth it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I was trying to figure out why my propellers weren't listing any thrust. Then I noticed the throttle was off.
After that...well...these things would be easier to fly if my MechJeb was working. Its attitude is pretty much uncontrollable by human hands, and the batteries drain a lot faster than they did in the upper atmosphere for some reason.

Advice I wish someone had given me five minutes ago: "Never quicksave when your parachutes are out. Especially when you're 50 meters above the surface."

I lost Jeb and hours of setup to that one. Curse you, oceans of Eve and your inability to let a kerbonaut land safely! Thankfully, hacking healed this ill.

Update on the above: Hacking gravity let me land it in the ocean. Hilarity ensued when I (without hacking) tried to get the copter on land from two inches from it. Usually, the hilarity involved me either sliding through the water and losing bits or me shooting up into the air, crashing into the ground, and then the cockpit and some other bits slid back into the water.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:11:28 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

Advice I wish someone had given me five minutes ago: "Never quicksave when your parachutes are out. Especially when you're 50 meters above the surface."
You know, that's why the stock game forbids quicksaves in atmosphere. You're using Deadbeef's quicksave mod?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Stock game doesn't forbid that. It was added in 0.23.5

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's still a bad idea.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why? A bug is a bug, plenty of simulator allow you to save in midst of anything. Until the rail system kicks in, this game phisics is just the stock unity physix

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile

Well, whaddayaknow.

Guess I haven't played much lately.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just found out remote tech mod has a 'active vessel' setting for dishes antennae, which points them to whatever you are flying.

it makes everything 100x easier, I was pairing satellites by hand up until now

now I have a single satellite in polar orbit paired to a geosat over kerbin and with the mun/minmus repeater for 100% uptime, with all kind of dishes set in 'active vessel' mode so that I can just fly things and point them back at the commsat.

Spoiler: so many dishes! (click to show/hide)

...yep, couple of gigantor were ripped while decoupling the nuclear engine  :P

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

what remote tech build are you using? Last one I used was royally bork™
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what remote tech build are you using? Last one I used was royally bork™

Either play .23 and possibly get a memory leak and complete lockup or wait for .24

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found one that works for 0.23.5 on the forums but it is now submerged by million posts.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-0-23-RemoteTech-2-v1-3-3-Late-Christmas-Edition?p=901076&viewfull=1#post901076

Maight be this one. If it isn't pm me and I'll mail the dll to you. If you are crazy enough to trust random people from internet.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 848