Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448410 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I docked two fuel tanks to bay12 station and managed to rescue all of the kerbals at failstation1, and deorbited some of the junk.

Darkstar docked a module with a few tugs and some extra docking nodes as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Sounds like the multiplayer mod came along nicely :)

(boring non multiplayer stuff)
Playing career for the first time....pretty much ever.  Got two missions to survey the land above those small islands just southeast of the space center and a mission to test a jet engine.  Sounds easy.  I don't have landing gear of any kind yet so I design a plane to vertical launch and fly over there.

Except for some bloody reason the plane I make is rediculously unstable and weird haunted, the thing pitches up and down violently at 100m/s and is completely unflyable. If I do somehow keep it in the air it eventually rips itself apart.  I have sas off and the control surfaces are all straight and it just pitches up and down like it's kraken'd. (at crazy steep values too, a good 40 degrees up and down at roughly 1 hz)

Another oddity is that building the same ship in sandbox everything is fine and dandy, but the moment I build it in career the center of lift reports as someplace far left of the left wing and the center of thrust is at the end of the left wing...pointing at an angle upward.  As a bonus, as bizzare as those CoL and CoT values are they don't seem to explain the flight characteristics either.  If that center of thrust was where it says it would just constantly do backflips and always roll right... which it does not do.

So is there just something broken about career mode and low tech planes?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:18:25 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Forsaken...what happened to the pod at the end of the habitation modules?  It was SUPPOSED to be there.  It was an escape pod!  Not a quick way down!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

And suddenly, another mission- attach a new escape pod.

I've gotten one in orbit, "Escape Pod Mk.3".  I'd prefer to attempt to dock it myself, as I have an idea of where to put it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I believe Pilots need to level up to actually provide good stability assistance.
My biplanes keep crashing and burning, but a few managed to get temporarily airborne!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Forsaken...what happened to the pod at the end of the habitation modules?  It was SUPPOSED to be there.  It was an escape pod!  Not a quick way down!
No idea. Maybe someone else removed it? Did you save the design?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

ehy! you two! get a room :P

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150285.0

I started this for my server so we don't mess much with the thread

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty pumped about that last dev blog regarding how the science module has been reworked.  Didn't ever really use it previously, except for RP reasons or whatever.  Now, it sounds super useful.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Link?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Bill cobbled together a stylish motor vehicle from bits lying around the junkyard.
The old stationary cameras were mounted to it so we can finally get some decent shots of our launches. All we need is for Jeb to drive it to the Launchpad.
Ok maybe bill should drive.     
4 Days later (That's how long it took to rebuild with one damaged wheel due to Kerbal construction Time)
Damnit Bill! Still as an engineer you should be able to....
Ok, at least it's not sideways, just drive the damn thing to the launch pad, I'm sure it'll be fine.
.... Bob launch the damn rocket.
Not bad, Nice aim with the camera.
We're off to a nice start. The damage to the old Model T Kord was fairly bad this time, rebuilding will take 2 weeks.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

KSP on mac is in a worse state than expected

> Exception when loading KSP: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Cecil'

all mods fail to load with the same issue :/

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Why do you have a tiny command module on your car? Can a Kerbal fit in that?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Why do you have a tiny command module on your car? Can a Kerbal fit in that?
RP reason is "Testing a scale model of the new command module" But in reality I couldn't work out how to mod the seats so I could launch with kerbals sitting in it. So I needed a command module or something nearby for Jeb to jump out of. Oddly enough Jeb managed to cram into a .625 meter module, but once he jumped out he couldn't get back in :p
Edit: Also Tweakscale is handy for doing all kinds of things, a lot of parts can't be resized but most stock parts can be. The weight doesn't seem to scale properly when you downsize though, a .625 meter command pod still weighs almost a ton but has a quarter the internal resources.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:01:46 am by MarcAFK »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

jump on the hype train

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv

fairings are amazeing - otoh, aerodynamic are kinda weird, saw maneuvers that would have send any rocket into spinning explosion just be ok thanks to the magic of sas, like putting a rocket sideways at mach 4 under 20k mt.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:27:22 pm by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 848