Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448781 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12615 on: September 30, 2016, 06:54:18 pm »

I am waiting on proper 1.2 release.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12616 on: September 30, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »

So, a quadcopter Greiger?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: September 30, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »

Yea was a quadcopter, with a winch underneath.

It also had some forward facing plane propellers too, but that did not increase it's cruising speed like I hoped.   Didn't seem to do much at all.  I turned them off when I noticed I was drinking up fuel like water and didn't notice a significant speed difference.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: September 30, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »

Gyrodynes(which goolde thinks is not a word) work best when they are mostly plane shaped.

In other news, i decided to take a lick at developing something VTOL, based off of one of the first synchropters, but with jets instead of rotors.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: October 05, 2016, 08:07:43 am »

with 1.2 about to be release, all the remaining devs jumped ship.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12620 on: October 05, 2016, 08:12:13 am »

with 1.2 about to be release, all the remaining devs jumped ship.
Not quite. afaik Roverdude is still working on the game and according to someone on Reddit (who knows how reliable that is) they have other coders hired to work on new features coming down the line, including expansions to the base game.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: October 05, 2016, 08:19:51 am »

allegedly*, and even then, the know-how is gone.

*it's not like squad has a track record of being forward or allowing people to talk their minds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12622 on: October 05, 2016, 08:40:43 am »

Oh his recent stream Roverdude was talking about how excited he is about the 'new stuff coming'. He couldn't talk about it in detail due to NDA restrictions but he's said he is now the senior coder on the team, he's quite happy with how Squad has treated him, and that the owners have been very caring and supportive of him. "I wouldn't remain here if I wasn't happy with the job"

That leads me to believe that while people are indeed leaving, Squad hasn't stopped developing the game.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: October 05, 2016, 08:55:13 am »

NDA restrictions? Sounds like they're porting to another console, or to VR, there's not much else you'd need an NDA for.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12624 on: October 05, 2016, 08:57:43 am »

NDA restrictions? Sounds like they're porting to another console, or to VR, there's not much else you'd need an NDA for.
NDA are pretty standard when a new product is being worked on. There was some allusion to 'expansions', which to me sounds like some kind of paid DLC or expansion. That is just speculation though. I wouldn't mind them porting to a console either, it might bring fresh capital which would allow them to keep working on KSP and implementing new features.

I don't think he'd be excited about 'new stuff coming' if all he meant was porting the game to XBOX or Playstation though

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: October 05, 2016, 11:18:06 am »

It's on all the current consoles. What would they port it to?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: October 05, 2016, 11:24:21 am »

I don't know, maybe a GBA or the Polybius or something.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: October 05, 2016, 11:36:47 am »

Coming soon to Windows Phone

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: October 05, 2016, 11:48:43 am »

Now let's not be unrealistic.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: October 05, 2016, 11:58:13 am »

Now let's not be unrealistic.

KSP on the Ouya
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 848