Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448043 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12631 on: October 05, 2016, 02:04:41 pm »

Now let's not be unrealistic.

KSP on the Ouya
Why not the NX?  :P

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be in the works.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #12632 on: October 05, 2016, 05:56:28 pm »

They're making expansion packs.

Looks like a lot of worry about what that means. Some people are happy to throw money at them and their new games/DLC, but others are worried that "omg guys cash grab". I think I sit somewhere closer to the first guys. The company has one great game under their belt and I'd like to see what else they can come up with.

But, I mean, it's one game. I suppose we'll see what happens soon.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: October 06, 2016, 01:36:53 am »

the company is a marketing company tho.

the vision is gone, most of the dev team is gone.

there's a modder turned dev and two junior interns, allegedly.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: October 06, 2016, 08:48:16 am »

I considered purchasing KSP now that it's apparently effectively complete. Then I read about the working conditions at Squad. I guess I don't need to play it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: October 06, 2016, 08:50:13 am »

well, what can I say, it's still a good game

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12636 on: October 06, 2016, 09:23:10 am »

I'm torn because the game IS great but if the rumors about working conditions in the company are true, I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to support them by buying the game.

I will say that the game has NO DRM at all so if you know someone who owns it, they can easily give you a copy to try out and see if you enjoy it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: October 06, 2016, 09:42:05 am »

well we know for certain that working condition never were great to begin with, so the last datapoints mostly substantiate an existing claim

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/1/27/5338438/kerbal-space-program, "Goya says that when Ayarza is in front of a client he only ever says yes, often leading to short timelines and absurd promises of lavish spectacles. Goya the artist provides the creative vision to pull it out in the end, while the rest of the team at Squad carries the load."

there used to be more stories with Harvester venting out it's frustration about Squad pre-ksp, but the forum burned twice to ashes since then and finding anything is an issue.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: October 06, 2016, 10:13:24 am »

There was also that reddit stuff from a confirmed previous dev last year where they went into detail about the shitty conditions at Squad. It's not exactly a rumour at this point, it's been confirmed by multiple people over the last few years.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12639 on: October 06, 2016, 11:55:11 am »

Like has been said on the megathread that's forming on the KSP forums, unless anyone of the developers involved, or Squad come out with a more formal statement, speculation and rumours are just that, and should not be listened to or given credit.

Contract law, Ethics, and general good manners should keep our noses out of their business. and like RoverDude said (and I paraphrase) "no wonder they're not saying anything with the shitstorm of rumours and outright lies going around"

whatever happened, for whatever reason, is their business, not ours. Go enjoy what Felipe created.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: October 06, 2016, 01:00:51 pm »

Like has been said on the megathread that's forming on the KSP forums, unless anyone of the developers involved, or Squad come out with a more formal statement, speculation and rumours are just that, and should not be listened to or given credit.

Didn't the developers already make statements? I seem to recall reading at least one. As for Squad, why would Squad come out and say "we treat our devs like shit!" That would be stupid.

Contract law, Ethics, and general good manners should keep our noses out of their business.

Frankly, I should think the ethical consideration would be with the people who were paid poorly and treated poorly for their work developing a game which was a massive success. Is it good manners to ignore how poorly a company treats its employees?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: October 06, 2016, 01:09:49 pm »

Contract law, Ethics, and general good manners should keep our noses out of their business.

Given my career is as a professional software developer, that kind of makes their business my business. Anything that companies can point to and say "look, these people did the thing, let's do the thing as well" has the potential to affect my professional life.

If it's revealed that nothing negative ever happened, hey, I'll buy the game and put in a thousand hours.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: October 06, 2016, 01:40:55 pm »

Changing the subject a bit, how difficult is Realism Overhaul compared to the stock game?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: October 06, 2016, 01:50:36 pm »

it takes over twice as much delta-V to get to low orbit

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 848