Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moon man!?!?  (Read 7139 times)

32jonathan13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Moon man!?!?
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:00:40 pm »

I'm travelling along with my 3 custom heros, i sleep somewhere, all my ppl are fighting but I can't find them, and all of a sudden, a MOON MAN shows up and owns me in one hit... I was sitting there looking at the enlarged Bogeyman sign that was green and thought... Is this a joke? i never saw this before ( I have been playing a while ) I go into my legends folder to make sure i want messing up, all 3 were ' killed by moon man ____ ' and I am now looking around to find that guy again and cant do it. Anyone else see a MOON MAN before?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Moon man!?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »

Sounds like a night creature. I'm not sure why he showed up with the bogeyman.
What mods are you using?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:08:09 pm »

Yeah, they're fairly common in my experience. They're just like any other procedurally generated semi-megabeast. They occasionally ambush you in the night.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

32jonathan13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »

Pure gameplay, no mods
I was just adventuring with my 3 heros and he kills them in 3 moves of my guy, then he kills me in one hit, that is why im asking about him, but he also TALKED so... is he like a semi-mega or something? ???
EDIT: ok thanks guys

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »

I once was walking to kill a night creature in genesis.
I got a full ambush force of them halfway there.
Only me and some poor bastard with his lower spine torn out survived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:28 pm »

Yeah, night creatures occasionally show up at (surprise!) night in ambushes. It's pretty rare. It would probably have been more obvious if the procedural name generator had come up with something more obviously night-creature-ish, like "moon troll" or something.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

iFreshco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 02:09:47 am »

You see, long ago before pre-recorded history, when Dwarves were still living above ground, Armok brought down his +5 fire hammer on the human civilization "The Clouded Junks" for blasphemy.  All but one man was instantly incinerated by this act of righteousness.  Armok lifted his hammer a second time to finish the deed but the man gouged his eyes out and babbled furiously in a desperate act of atonement.  Amused, Armok decided to spare him and banish the man to the moon, where its moonliness twisted and corrupted him into a vile force of darkness.  Eventually, the radiation ran so deep as to corrupt his raw, giving him [GRAVITY:NO] and the ability to spawn more of himself.

To this date the moon men gather their forces and make raids on the earth, waiting until night has fallen and the moon has orbited directly over a hapless adventurer's camp.  They descend upon the foolish mortals and feast upon their flesh.

Now you will know why you fear the night.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:23:44 am by iFreshco »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 07:27:46 am »

We literally need moon rock people now.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:51:35 pm »

You see, long ago before pre-recorded history, when Dwarfs were still living above ground, Armok brought down his +5 fire hammer on the human civilization "The Clouded Junks" for blasphemy.  All but one man was instantly incinerated by this act of righteousness.  Armok lifted his hammer a second time to finish the deed but the man gouged his eyes out and babbled furiously in a desperate act of atonement.  Amused, Armok decided to spare him and banish the man to the moon, where its moonliness twisted and corrupted him into a vile force of darkness.  Eventually, the radiation ran so deep as to corrupt his raw, giving him [GRAVITY:NO] and the ability to spawn more of himself.

To this date the moon men gather their forces and make raids on the earth, waiting until night has fallen and the moon has orbited directly over a hapless adventurer's camp.  They descend upon the foolish mortals and feast upon their flesh.

Now you will know why you fear the night.

YES. This sounds amazing, and moonmen should be added.
Also, I may just sig this.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 09:58:23 pm »

We literally need moon rock people now.
Then we can ingest their remains for science, and begin to rant about combustible lemons as a result of mercury poisoning?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 02:13:26 am »

Waitwait, I have a better idea.
The moon is obviously made of cheese.
We need to make a cow cheese man.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.