Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What must be done?  (Read 1856 times)

iFreshco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What must be done?
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:40:36 am »

One of my recent adventurers was just killed by a bronze titan.  No surprise there, right? 

I was pissed, I had spent quite a long time on him and had him at legendary swordsman.  He was by far the best adventurer I had yet.

The method of death piqued my interest though, the titan punched him in the stomach and something along the lines of gory mess and exploding in gore and propelled 6 tiles yada yada instant death.

I wanted to see if I could get similar results and a friend said I should try modding the next guy's strength with runesmith.

I created a new human with nothing but a point in hammerman to ensure I would get a blunt weapon (luckily it was a maul).  I set off into the night to draw out a few bogeys and test.  Sure enough, the bogeys came and I immediately set Human McAdventure's dodge to legendary+5 to make sure they wouldn't kill him in his sleep and put his strength at 5000. 1000 is the standard and 2000 is superhuman.

No beans, I get some standard looking bruised-fats and some broken-bones on the bogeys.

I mod it to 10000, no results.  20000, nada.

I mod the strength to 1,000,000.  Still nothing out of the norm for maul hits.

I go higher and higher until I hit the peak and still nothing, which must mean that size is the determining factor for these legendary bodily-implosion hits.  That's right, I had 2,431,504,384 strength. 1,215,752x superhuman. 

I'm guessing it could also be weapon related but I doubt it.  Is there a way to mod in weapons straight to your hand in adventure?

Also to note that the bogeymen had interesting stats.  Most of them had around 1300 strength and 1700 agility, as well as what appeared to be 9 (proficient?) in all combat stats.  Some were outliers, one was a legendary observer and another had 17 in fighting (great?).

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What must be done?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:51:52 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77912.msg2007829#msg2007829
i believe shook did some !!science!! concerning the matter

iFreshco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:19:56 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77912.msg2007829#msg2007829
i believe shook did some !!science!! concerning the matter

I reviewed what he wrote, it is disappointing to learn that it almost completely depends on size.

However, I must try playing a bronze colossus in adventure mode.

Anybody know how to get a weapon in adventure mode via modding?  My 2nd save's adventurer has been using his silver greataxe for a while now and has slayed a few megabeasts and plundered many goblin camps.  He deserves atleast steel or adamantine but all the shops only have friggin silver, iron, bronze, and copper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 02:36:55 am »

Hmm, I'm not good at modding, but I know people found a way to craft weapons in adventure mode, like in Deon's Genesis mod and others. I imagine it'd be relatively simple to make one of those reactions with no 'ingredients'...
So you could just pull an adamantine greataxe out of thin air.

I'll see if I can do it, but someone who knows what they're doing could probably do it easily!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:16 am »

Aren't attributes capped at 5000? I'm pretty sure you weren't doing anything by raising it to two billion.

And yes, it would be fairly easy to mod in a reaction where you create an adamantine axe or a slade hammer out of thin air.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:31:12 pm »

The reaction is simple. You don't even have to re-gen a world; you just need to re-purpose an existing reaction that you never use.

For instance, I never make wax crafts. So if I wanted to make a great-axe out of adamantine, I would put in the following.

[REACTION:MAKE_WAX_CRAFTS]
[NAME:Great Axe]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[SKILL:AXE]

The "skill" can be whatever skill you want to train when you perform this reaction; also, the higher your skill (axeman in this case), the greater chance you have of creating a masterwork weapon, with all the attendant benefits.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

iFreshco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 03:48:01 pm »

The reaction is simple. You don't even have to re-gen a world; you just need to re-purpose an existing reaction that you never use.

For instance, I never make wax crafts. So if I wanted to make a great-axe out of adamantine, I would put in the following.

[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

The "skill" can be whatever skill you want to train when you perform this reaction; also, the higher your skill (axeman in this case), the greater chance you have of creating a masterwork weapon, with all the attendant benefits.

How would I go about about doing this in adventure mode?  The only reaction I can think of doing would be knapping to get a weapon.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »

[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

How would I go about about doing this in adventure mode?  The only reaction I can think of doing would be knapping to get a weapon.
It's actually simpler to just make a new reaction, honestly.

Open notepad, and put the following inside:
Code: [Select]
reaction_adventuretesting

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:CONJURE_WEAPON_ADV]
[NAME:Conjure item]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:________:METAL:ADAMANTINE]

Now find the weapon you want to make in the item_weapon.txt file, it should be something like ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT
Put that in place of _____

So if you wanted to conjure a great axe, as in ImBocaire's example, you'd put:

reaction_adventuretesting

[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:CONJURE_WEAPON_ADV]
[NAME:Conjure item]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
Because great axes, in the item_weapon.txt file have the following entry (bold emphasis on what you're looking for):
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT]
[NAME:great axe:great axes]
[SIZE:1300]
[TWO_HANDED:77500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:62500]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
[ATTACK:EDGE:60000:8000:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:60000:8000:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:100:1000:strike:strikes:pommel:1000]

Then save your new file in the OBJECT>RAW folder as reaction_adventuretesting.txt

You can use the reaction in arena mode without generating a new world. You can use the reaction in adventure mode by generating a new world.
If you want to add quality to the conjured item, add [SKILL:____] to the end of the reaction. Replace ____ with a skill token
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:20:43 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:32 am »

If you just want a reaction to create random weaponry, this should work:

[REACTION:SUMMON_WEAPONRY]
[NAME:Arm Thyself!]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:NONE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.