Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI Mod v0.6  (Read 4643 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mod v0.3
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:49 pm »

Id really like to see the rat people from FFIX

Burmecians? Well they aren't from FFXI which this mod is based on.. But someone with the experience could do it.

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 07:05:01 pm »

Clover Magic was working on a FFIX conversion, maybe he has the Burmecians made up?

Right now I'm trying to find a suitable work around for CORPSEPIECE not working in reactions.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 07:09:00 pm »

FFXI was one of the best MMOs ever made for those fortunate to play it from it's infancy.  I am thoroughly looking forward to progress on this mod.  I am signing up right now!
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 07:34:32 pm »

Was FFXI any good because most ppl I know say it was well too grindy. I played FFXIV and that was well .... yeah.

Probably amazing for the console but less than sub-par for the PC

Just remember this is my opinion and I LOVE FF games A LOT. Even the bad ones .... like FFIX and FFX-2 lol. Ok maybe I dont like them haha
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 01:19:41 pm »

Making eyes turn into gems when butchered doesn't let you embark with eye tissue gems. Eye tissue gems won't be stockpiled in refuse or gem stockpiles. I didn't test if they were usable for encrusting.

[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:TOOL:TOOL_ID] creates a random tool and not the one you specify...
[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:PLANT:PLANT_ID] may have the same problem.

This is disappointing. BUTCHER_SPECIAL is such an interesting tag, but there seems to be too little science being done with it.

All the reactions should be working soon.
Synthesis requires very specific materials and obtaining them will be a lot of work but I hope it will be interesting.
Trading should become more important as a result as well as hunting or capturing and taming creatures.

FFXI was one of the best MMOs ever made for those fortunate to play it from it's infancy.  I am thoroughly looking forward to progress on this mod.  I am signing up right now!
You are signing up? Hurray! Does this mean I have to keep a list...

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 12:04:08 am »

Holy crap this mod is EPIC! Please keep adding more tougher monsters, more like uber monsters.

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XI Mod v0.6
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 05:09:26 pm »

Updated to 0.6 for DF 34.05

Started adding some fun interactions  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]