Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)  (Read 10629 times)

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2011, 01:41:20 pm »

Alright hitty, go ahead!

I've updated the thread.  If something's wrong or not there, just bug me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:47:53 pm by futility »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25:04 pm »

Journal of "G" Urdimasiz, 21st Granite, 17

With Kipi dead, I have officially claimed myself as overseer of our fortress, and might I say, it's a ungodly mess: there are floors after floors that is very useless, we have a forgotten beast the caverns we opened up, and this booze is watered down!

What's better is that our population of 42 is growing quite well. We just got another 21 migrants. After putting their names in the archive for preservation, I found out a that the lot of them actually have done some military service. I have put them in with the rest of our recruits and I'll make sure they are trained to be glorious fighters, whatever weapon they choose.

27th Granite, 17

There are some things we can do, and some things we can do without. One of those things we can do is build an arena, just like back at the Mountainhomes! How did these people even survive through the years without some kind of entertainment?!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 12:15:41 am »

There are some things we can do, and some things we can do without. One of those things we can do is build an arena, just like back at the Mountainhomes! How did these people even survive through the years without some kind of entertainment?!
We didn't. Half of us are dead.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »

So true. If I recall correctly I counted around 50 deaths (dwarves, mind you) since the FB attacked our fortress. I was kinda surprised we even survived from it...  :P
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 03:05:34 pm »

So true. If I recall correctly I counted around 50 deaths (dwarves, mind you) since the FB attacked our fortress. I was kinda surprised we even survived from it...  :P

Somehow I feel like you mistaked my arena comment for something else. That comment is for the new arena I'll be making for the recruits since we have alot of caged gobbos and we need to do something with them.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 09:27:09 pm »

Save the gobbos and when you get a Minotaur or a giant or some other semi- or real megabeast pit them together in an underground arena. See how many gobs you have to drop down before it dies.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

Two hammers will kill it. Two hammers once killed a legendary swords dwarf in a suicide run combat test.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:37 pm »

Goblins are different. Like I said, one at at a time.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 09:51:10 pm »

And then there was a BUMP in the night.

Any chance of an update?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:25 am »

And then there was a BUMP in the night.

Any chance of an update?

I totally forgot about the map. Damn WoW.

I'll get back to it in the morning.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:48 pm »

I'm currently in DF burnout.  I'll check in to update the player list every 2-3 days tops.  If someone else wants to admin, lemme know.

EDIT:
I've decided that as far as admin goes, I am only going to update the player list when PM'd.  You guys need to do poking to make sure the next in line starts.  Perhaps in a month or two I'll get back into it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:32:39 pm by futility »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]