Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 8: Pirate commits suicide, Scum wins  (Read 18578 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 8, Day 1: Thar be no treasure!
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 05:58:14 am »

Well ok then.
Pandar: Who do you think is most scummy, and why?

Also, I'm guessing you also want my pick? The biggest ping on my radar has been Kilakan. He has never played as scum before, and most of he's RVS questions were asking about how to best play as scum.
Max White:If you were scum, how would you act to best ensure your victory?
Native Foreigner-When playing mafia would you describe yourself as an aggressive player?
Max White-So you are saying the tactic you used last game is the same principal you would use this game?  That in your opinion the different modes don't change the way the scum would work?
Look like new scum trying to learn the ropes and hide it as random question time.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2011, 06:08:49 am »

I... huh. I didn't actually think about that at all.

I'd put my current money on Native, largely because of

Worst that can happen is that someone puts you at L-1 without a strong reason. Then I unvote and we have a pretty good idea of who scum is. Or if you get insta-hammered, we know for sure who scum is.

Number one, that's terror he is certain enough of your townity that he'd consider someone likely scum for voting you for any less than what he deems a "strong reason," which is probably very demanding.
Number two, that's terror it's like NativeForeigner has "claimed" you with his vote, and no nobody else can vote you because you're his. Or something.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2011, 07:19:20 am »

Well ok then.
Pandar: Who do you think is most scummy, and why?

Also, I'm guessing you also want my pick? The biggest ping on my radar has been Kilakan. He has never played as scum before, and most of he's RVS questions were asking about how to best play as scum.
Max White:If you were scum, how would you act to best ensure your victory?
Native Foreigner-When playing mafia would you describe yourself as an aggressive player?
Max White-So you are saying the tactic you used last game is the same principal you would use this game?  That in your opinion the different modes don't change the way the scum would work?
Look like new scum trying to learn the ropes and hide it as random question time.
If you remember my other games I was pretty bad at asking questions too, and for your information I wanted to see how people answered simply so I could watch if they started working towards what they answered.  Basically it was a mini-trap for any scum who were careless enough to forget what their answer was.  Though I really don't see how the second question could be at all related to scum, when hunting I tend to be pretty aggressive, Vector is aggressive, along with a number of other players. Trying to find out if he was doesn't seem at all related to your point.  Elaborate on that.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2011, 07:20:08 am »

ohhh you thought I asked when playing as mafia, no I was talking about the name of the game... mafia.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2011, 07:23:18 am »

Though I really don't see how the second question could be at all related to scum, when hunting I tend to be pretty aggressive, Vector is aggressive, along with a number of other players. Trying to find out if he was doesn't seem at all related to your point.  Elaborate on that.
:P
I think I misread a little. When you said mafia, you meant the game, when I read mafia, I read the role.
Regardless, it could still very well be looking for advice on how to act, rather than just doing as you see fit to hunt scum.

Fake Edit: Ninj'd. Yea, that.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:10 am »

It's worked plenty well in the past. A simple reaction to a vote can tell a lot about a player, especially in a Vengeful. It's not gun-ho at all. Worst that can happen is that someone puts you at L-1 without a strong reason. Then I unvote and we have a pretty good idea of who scum is. Or if you get insta-hammered, we know for sure who scum is.
Uh huh, what happens if someone buys your calls on him, agrees, believes he is scum and then votes.  You end up with a hammered player who may or may not be scum, and someone who is going to get vengekilled or lynched the next day for lynching who they thought actually was scum.  Sounds like a pretty dangerous ploy.

Nom nom nom

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

It's worked plenty well in the past. A simple reaction to a vote can tell a lot about a player, especially in a Vengeful. It's not gun-ho at all. Worst that can happen is that someone puts you at L-1 without a strong reason. Then I unvote and we have a pretty good idea of who scum is. Or if you get insta-hammered, we know for sure who scum is.
Uh huh, what happens if someone buys your calls on him, agrees, believes he is scum and then votes.  You end up with a hammered player who may or may not be scum, and someone who is going to get vengekilled or lynched the next day for lynching who they thought actually was scum.  Sounds like a pretty dangerous ploy.

Three votes to hammer. Not two.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 01:45:57 pm »

I... huh. I didn't actually think about that at all.

I'd put my current money on Native, largely because of

Worst that can happen is that someone puts you at L-1 without a strong reason. Then I unvote and we have a pretty good idea of who scum is. Or if you get insta-hammered, we know for sure who scum is.
Number one, that's terror he is certain enough of your townity that he'd consider someone likely scum for voting you for any less than what he deems a "strong reason," which is probably very demanding.
Number two, that's terror it's like NativeForeigner has "claimed" you with his vote, and no nobody else can vote you because you're his. Or something.

Like I said, an initial read. It looked like his opening scumgame. Also, doesn't this mean you've claimed me as well, Pandar?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:36 pm »

You can look less like scum than someone else any time you want.

Or can you?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2011, 03:25:41 pm »

Like I said, an initial read. It looked like his opening scumgame. Also, doesn't this mean you've claimed me as well, Pandar?
No see I think the difference is that you are still voting because of policy, he is voting due to suspicion.
Either you made a small logical mistake, or that was a small bit of backlash against the guy voting for you.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2011, 05:32:55 pm »

You can look less like scum than someone else any time you want.

Or can you?

Que?

No see I think the difference is that you are still voting because of policy, he is voting due to suspicion.
Either you made a small logical mistake, or that was a small bit of backlash against the guy voting for you.

No, I'm still voting because someone else hasn't appeared scummier, which is actually kinda hard to do in this situation.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

NativeForeigner: About how sure, on a scale of 0 to 10 (0 being completely unsure and 10 being completely sure), were you of Max being scum at the time of your vote?  How sure are you now?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2011, 11:35:22 pm »

NativeForeigner: About how sure, on a scale of 0 to 10 (0 being completely unsure and 10 being completely sure), were you of Max being scum at the time of your vote?  How sure are you now?

Approximately 6.5/10. Now it's around 5/10

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:02 pm »

Which is consistent with this post from VM7.  Good...

However, I have to ask: how is it "kinda hard" to look scummier than Max right now, who is only barely scummy enough at the moment for you to place the first vote on him?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2011, 02:02:05 am »

Which is consistent with this post from VM7.  Good...

However, I have to ask: how is it "kinda hard" to look scummier than Max right now, who is only barely scummy enough at the moment for you to place the first vote on him?

Oh hey! Good digging.

You misread. It's kind of hard to look less scummier than Max, and for the same reason. Like I said, he's about 50/50 right now and the rest of everyone I either don't have a scum meta on or haven't posted anything revealing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9