Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 59842 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.
« Reply #420 on: July 15, 2011, 07:43:17 pm »

FFS, I'd hate to see you go- you have potential.

This is an illusion. I am just very good at arguing with assholes by being a different kind of asshole.

That's pretty much how we roll here.  We're assholes ingame, but kinda cuddly outside.  Look at sweet widdle WUBAkins!  So cuddly!

* Toaster cuddles WUBA
I IS NOT CUDDLY!!!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 15, 2011, 07:43:59 pm »

Wuba deserves a little bit more credit, I think. He provided me with the best advice I'd ever gotten for mafia. He's a real asshero.

He needs to be in more RTDs.

Same with you, Max.
Protip: Do everything I say always.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 15, 2011, 07:44:42 pm »

Then again, wubbsy is loveable in game too...

. . . How many games have you played with Wuba?  I mean, seriously?

@Freeformschooler: Read through BMIX.  Seriously :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 15, 2011, 07:47:11 pm »

Then again, wubbsy is loveable in game too...

@Freeformschooler: Read through BMIX.  Seriously :3
I think it's different if you're not Vector. :P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 15, 2011, 07:47:51 pm »

In my defense not only was I sure I wasn't having any fun and didn't like mafia at all (ESPECIALLY after reading through the last BM), but I also suggested to Darvi to just either replace or shorten the list. Continuing would certainly have been better.

Even if you're not sure if you want to play mafia anymore, that's a decision that can wait until after the game is over.

Replacements are disruptive in normal games but doubly so for a Beginner's Game.

Unless you suddenly find yourself with no free time at all to play the game, stick it out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 15, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »

I just started one. It is still in the pre-game phase. Although no details on a currently active game. Shhhh, You know better than that Vector!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 15, 2011, 07:50:00 pm »

That is good advice that I can apply to other things too. Like one of my other projects I'm about to revive. As soon as I get the free time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 15, 2011, 07:56:35 pm »

That's pretty much how we roll here.  We're assholes ingame, but kinda cuddly outside.  Look at sweet widdle WUBAkins!  So cuddly!

* Toaster cuddles WUBA
I IS NOT CUDDLY!!!

WUBAS GOTTA WUB
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 15, 2011, 08:23:18 pm »

(offensive image removed)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:24:27 am by Toady One »
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 15, 2011, 08:26:41 pm »

Vector is going to crush you Meanmelter. I mean really, next game, if you are both playing, I don't care if your both scum, she is going to kill you somehow. Even if it it lylo and your the towniest, she will destroy you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2011, 09:59:28 pm »

Hey, Meanmelter.

I'm the only girl in this subforum.  Mostly been something like that for the two years I've been here.  Of course, I pretended to be a guy when I first came here, because I didn't want anyone to go easy on me--or say they did--just because I was a girl.  A bitch, rather, I guess.  The bitch you're looking for, apparently, because as I just said, you won't be finding any others.  The bitch you're currently making date rape jokes about, which are funny because you're THE MAN or something.  Fuck if I know.  Anyway, this isn't a place where you just make a bunch of jokes and they don't affect anyone.  There's a woman here, the sole recipient of your hilarity.

Whoops, I'm sorry.

There's a bitch.  Yeah, I'm a dog or whatever.  Woof woof.

Easier when you make us out to be animals, isn't it?

I guess I'll also tell you something more relevant.  I was sexually abused a bit by other girls as I was growing up.  Nothing serious.  Just grabbing my tits and stuff like that, you know?  That sort of thing.  Dudes drive by me, barking, in their cars.  Used to have people in the class ordering me to strip and all that noise.

Never got date-raped, though.  I'm not the sort of person one asks out on dates.  Like I said, I have a certain set of difficulties.  Pretty handy.

Of course, a full sixth of the women in this country have been sexually assaulted.

They weren't too fond of it, or so I hear.

I come here because I'm tired of having to deal with all this bullshit on the street, in real life, where I am asked to bend and make compromises constantly--compromises no one else ever sees--in the name of "femininity" and "normalcy."

So here's your warning.  Cut it out.  That's been two times.  You won't like me the third time you do it.  I already dislike you.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:04:07 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:53 pm »

Hey, Meanmelter.

I'm the only girl in this subforum.  Mostly been something like that for the two years I've been here.  Of course, I pretended to be a guy when I first came here, because I didn't want anyone to go easy on me--or say they did--just because I was a girl.  A bitch, rather, I guess.  The bitch you're looking for, apparently, because as I just said, you won't be finding any others.  The bitch you're currently making date rape jokes about, which are funny because you're THE MAN or something.  Fuck if I know.  Anyway, this isn't a place where you just make a bunch of jokes and they don't affect anyone.  There's a woman here, the sole recipient of your hilarity.

Whoops, I'm sorry.

I guess I'll also tell you something more relevant.  I was sexually abused a bit by other girls as I was growing up.  Nothing serious.  Just grabbing my tits and stuff like that, you know?  That sort of thing.  Dudes drive by me, barking, in their cars.  Used to have people in the class ordering me strip and all that noise.

Never got date-raped, though.  I'm not the sort of person one asks out on dates.  Like I said, I have a certain set of difficulties.  Pretty handy.

Of course, a full sixth of the women in this country have been sexually assaulted.

I come here because I'm tired of having to deal with all this bullshit on the street, in real life, where I am asked to bend and make compromises constantly--compromises no on else ever sees--in the name of "femininity" and "normality."

So here's your warning.  Cut it out.  That's been two times.  You won't like me the third time you do it.  I already dislike you.
You wants I help? >:D

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »

It's vector, the apocalypse compressed into human form. Help would be like double overkill.

Protip: If you want to get far in these forums, don't ever, ever be racist, sexist or homophobic, because you will be fucking with a force you can not comprehend.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2011, 10:50:00 pm »

Hey, Meanmelter.

Whoops, I'm sorry.

I guess I'll also tell you something more relevant.  I was sexually abused a bit by other girls as I was growing up.  Nothing serious.  Just grabbing my tits and stuff like that, you know?  That sort of thing.  Dudes drive by me, barking, in their cars.  Used to have people in the class ordering me to strip and all that noise.

I come here because I'm tired of having to deal with all this bullshit on the street, in real life, where I am asked to bend and make compromises constantly--compromises no one else ever sees--in the name of "femininity" and "normalcy."

Woah woah calm down. I totally didn't even mean it. I just figured it would be a joke everyone would have a laugh about. I've also been waiting to use that picture for awhile.
If you made this to make me feel bad. Well congrats. You get an award for making a 15 year old for feeling really bad.
I'm not some random douche bag on the internet (I don't even think they make it past playing Dwarf Fortress do they?) If I was, well, this post would not be filled with an apology. And if I was actually laughing (Damn it, why am I not laughing?) I would totally be trolling you right now. But I'm not. Not every guy on the internet is looking for someone to just make date rape jokes about. Otherwise I wouldn't be on here. I'd be wasting my life doing something else. Now I'd love to tell you a life story on why I get what your saying, my life isn't all handy dandy either, but this is a thread about a Mafia game, not much of a place for life discussion. But if you must, there are other places to discuss this other than here.
After all, you can't take everyone on the internet seriously. I mean who knows? I could be an Alien. Where as that is unlikely, how do you know? How do you know I'm not some kid who was horribly beaten and nearly died of it? You don't. So please, the next person who makes a Date-rape joke on the internet, he's probably just joking and not being serious at all.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00:15 pm »

Also...
I WAS IN IT FOR THE BITCHES.

Real cute.
You also didn't react the way you are now, but I guess you were just cutting me some slack or something?
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30