Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61561 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »

Flintus10 looks a bit lurkey to me.

Sounds more like popping under pressure and band-wagoning.

Also, don't tell vector but I love that you compared YOURSELF to hitler.

7 NINJAS OH MY

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »

Also not being defensive enough could lead to a myslynch which hurts the town, it's better to do away with the suspicions or properly explain yourself the first time.

Really? Because I'm sure a town would think differently. A town wouldn't care as much about defending everything in detail, since they know they're town and have less to be worried about, unless they're about to be lynched, which at no point was your situation. A town would be more focused an aggressively ATTACKING everything in detail.

But then again, your aggressiveness far outweighs your defensiveness.

NINJAS

Heh, you think the town has less to worry about because they're town.

Heh.

Being town isn't a free ticket to NeverBeSuspectedville. Town have to be careful to avoid suspicion as well. Mostly this is accomplished by scumhunting and answering questions posed to them quickly and transparently.

It's a fun dance. The town have to be careful about the way they look, but they can't be more concerned with that than they are with finding scum, otherwise, they look scummy. Finding scum is paramount.

It worked for Hitler.

I think this is the first time a mafia game's ever been Godwinned. First time I've seen it anyway. I'm surprised it took this long.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

Flintus10 looks a bit lurkey to me.
Love having your dirty work cut out for you now don't you? Seem's like a total scum move.

Four damn ninja's. Man, I have bad Observe skill.
Oh my god, another ninja.
6 ninja's. Man.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2011, 06:35:21 pm »

You don't like vegitarians?

I am a vegetarian.

What I hate is fascists.  This should have been obvious to you from context, which makes me think that you were deflecting.  Again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2011, 06:35:29 pm »

Ya pick on the guy who logged off 4 minutes before the game started.  Cause having a good nights sleep and maybe something to do the next day is totally suspicious.

Maybe you should attack someone who could actually give you an answer, or are we looking for the easy way out now Deadmeat?

He will give an answer when he returns.

I'm not discounting the guy whos currently lurking as an innocent, I will wait and see his response first.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2011, 06:35:44 pm »

Did the thread just get Godwin'd ?

Your team? You have a team?
Freeformschooler-Who is on your team?

Darvi, of course!
I never was really on your side...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2011, 06:36:40 pm »

Did the thread just get Godwin'd ?

Your team? You have a team?
Freeformschooler-Who is on your team?

Darvi, of course!
I never was really on your side...
Darvi is a spy!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »

I'm not discounting the guy whos currently lurking as an innocent, I will wait and see his response first.

Gives you time to do nothing and figure out how to dig yourself out of this hole in the interim, right?

Wrong.  Read the game and ask questions of people.  Get playing.  I'm not going to let you sidestep your way out of the trap you've laid for yourself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »

Not being available =/= Lurking.

The game started today. It's still a little early to be calling people lurkers. Consider also that people have lives that do not revolve around arguing with a bunch of assholes on the Internet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2011, 06:39:04 pm »

This. Some people have to argue with a bunch of arseholes in real life.

And now I hope that none of my parents will ever read this post.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »

Consider also that people have lives that do not revolve around arguing with a bunch of assholes on the Internet.

I hate spamming the mafia topic but you won my new signature.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2011, 06:40:07 pm »

Some people make being an asshole almost a profession.

*raises hand*

I get tired of it, too, so sometimes I take a break from one game or another to do different stuff.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »

The game started today. It's still a little early to be calling people lurkers. Consider also that people have lives that do not revolve around arguing with a bunch of assholes on the Internet.
Wait what? A Person playing Mafia on the Bay12 forums with a life? It's like a dream come true.
Story of my life.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »

Gives you time to do nothing and figure out how to dig yourself out of this hole in the interim, right?

Wrong.  Read the game and ask questions of people.  Get playing.  I'm not going to let you sidestep your way out of the trap you've laid for yourself.

I have read it, I have no suspicions yet, and this is one person who has had little attention paid to him as of yet. I don't think Kilaken is scum, he seems to be sincerely hunting out the scum.
I don't see you as scum, you merely jumped on my poor reasoning about kilaken.
Freeform looks legit to me.
As for the rest, I have yet to see any real substance.

I wasn't accusing him of being a scumbag, I was simply saying I have yet to hear from him, and I'd like to hear his story before I proceed.
I too was busy/asleep for most of the first day.

And now I hope that none of my parents will ever read this post.

Go tidy your room son.

Wait what? A Person playing Mafia on the Bay12 forums with a life? It's like a dream come true.

I don't see this ever happening.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »

p.s. sorry for not spoilering the quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30