Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 60390 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: ...NOT KILLING UR DOODS
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2011, 05:20:11 pm »

........FUCK I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!  Though good job max you never caught my attention.  Wait a sec why did he want me to push my case against you?  That sounds like it would have failed horribly.

Haha, I was trying my darndest to buddy-buddy so he could push a case against me, then you and me, then push you off a cliff. Lack of communication killed it particularly I think, plus me being way too defensive.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2011, 05:20:23 pm »

So I was right! I am totally awesome at this game.
Thus you should make sure you are in the reboot.
Although nobody else saw it, so you are only half awesome. The other half is making people see what you see.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 15, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »

Who here thinks the next BM should wait until Jim gets back?
Nom nom nom

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2011, 05:21:14 pm »

same. Sucks this round ended like this. I WAS IN IT FOR THE BITCHES.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 15, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »

Oh Jim... I miss him so! With he's long, flowing hair!
Maybe, but that might take some time.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 15, 2011, 05:22:33 pm »

........FUCK I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!  Though good job max you never caught my attention.  Wait a sec why did he want me to push my case against you?  That sounds like it would have failed horribly.

Haha, I was trying my darndest to buddy-buddy so he could push a case against me, then you and me, then push you off a cliff. Lack of communication killed it particularly I think, plus me being way too defensive.
I wasn't getting happy with the buddy-buddy stuff but admiting it yourself screwed over that plan, made you seem the buddier and me the good guy for not just hitting you with a glowing white frying pan.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »

Oh Jim... I miss him so! With he's long, flowing hair!
Maybe, but that might take some time.
Didn't he say a week?
Nom nom nom

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 15, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

I WAS IN IT FOR THE BITCHES.

Real cute.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 15, 2011, 05:25:57 pm »

I WAS IN IT FOR THE BITCHES.

Real cute.

Darvi did a test roll a few seconds later after the initial deciding one and if he had used that one, you and Irony would have been scum. Oh, how gloriously frightening that would have been.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 15, 2011, 05:30:15 pm »

So, Vector: How is my scum hunting game?

I repeat this question for mysefl. Later in life I may decide I want to come back and try again. How did I do on my first try?

Max is way more pro than me at being scum, and Wuba is self-evident.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32:01 pm »

I want a review! I mean, I was accused of being scum. You all owe me.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »

Oh yeah, I know. I did read through half of the recent Paranormal. Those players are PROS. They're elegant, firm and know what they're doing. The difference is like a university debate versus four small kids playing Mario Kart. If Mafia was the kind of game I enjoy I would be doing everything I could do get up to there level.

Haha, okay.  I just want to make sure you know that usually, this isn't a crushingly competitive game.  Uuuusually, it's fun and people have learned not to cross various boundaries.

But, if it's not your thing, then it's not your thing, and I'll see you around elsewhere =)

Darvi did a test roll a few seconds later after the initial deciding one and if he had used that one, you and Irony would have been scum. Oh, how gloriously frightening that would have been.

... Yeah, that could have been pretty darned good >:3

So, Vector: How is my scum hunting game?

I hate to say this, because this is not the sort of advice one wants to have to give out.

But people in this game actually need to be more cooperative and less aggressive.  They need to think more and post less.  If someone asks you a question, you should answer it.  If you don't have substantive evidence, don't attack on that point.  Read through your post, maybe two or three times, and then post it.  Cut out everything that you aren't sure of wanting in there.  Think more.  Be more careful.  Don't sling shit.

You need to learn to spend time, once in a while, just watching other players and seeing the game go by.  Look at the structure.  Keep your influence out of it.

Tl;dr: More yin, less yang.

Freeformschooler, don't buddy, and consider coming back again in, oh, a while.

Actually, consider signing up for Wuba's BYOR, maybe?  I think you're a strong enough player already that you could have fun doing that, and if you hate it then, well, you hate it.  But I think that particular game, and a higher level atmosphere, would actually be more educational and entertaining for you.

I want a review! I mean, I was accused of being scum. You all owe me.

Your review is that you should go back, look at everything people said, and pay more attention next time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.
« Reply #373 on: July 15, 2011, 05:35:30 pm »

After a few minutes of debate, Flintus10, the soldier, mentioned that he had to leave the game. "Sorry guys, but I have to go to bed."
Oh well, that wasn't so bad, BLU could still... "Sorry, but I havta leave ye lads, got some unfinished business to do!", anzki4, the Demoman said.
"Oh non, it's bed time. Bon soir you wankers!", freeformschooler the Sniper proclaimed. Except he wasn't really a sniper, but a Spy who has disguised himself as one.
"Mais non, you cannot make me do zis all alone!" Apparently Max Blanc the Spy wasn't really on their side either.

"Mmhmmmmhmmhhmh", Vector the pyro asked angrily. "I haf no idea vat you said, but let's just kill this traitor and get his intelligence.", kilakan the medic stated. He ubercharged Deadmeat1471, the heavy, making him invulnerable, who then proceeded to shoot many bullets into Max's body.

"Aight, lets get their freakin' briefcase and win this game!", IronyOwl the scout shouts and runs out of the door. He didn't get far, because shortly afterwards he flew back into the room, taking the door with him. A terrifying shout resounded from the corridor: "SAXTON HAAAAAALEEE!"
Webadict entered the room, clenching his fists. "Alright you pansies, who wants a knuckle sandwich?" "Damn! get 'im boy!", Meanmelter the engineer told his sentry gun. Not that he needed to since it detected the huge muscular man to be a threat, and immediately started firing missiles at him"

"It'll take more than that to take down SAXTON HAAAAAALEEE!" This infamous warcry is so loud and piercing that everything in this room froze in fear, including the sentry. With a single punch, webadict knocked Meanmelter into his creation, breaking them both. Shortly afterwards, nobody from the BLU team was left alive, and the chat was filled with outcries of "OMG cheater" "ban him!" and "fuck this im outa here". Everybody quit.

Webadict (Saxton Hale) has won the game.
You have failed me!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:37:58 pm by Darvi »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30