Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 60606 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »

You have a point.  Switching quotes.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2011, 07:10:38 pm »

woops songs rolled over onto motorhead KILL KILL KILL!!!  But no it's really jsut bad habits of real-life mafia games.  Where yelling and accusations are kinda part and central.  I think you might actually like it Vector.

I've played it before and nailed the scumteam through body language analytics, which the group I was playing with thought was impossible >_>
Same, except using only the facial expressions on faces. I was promptly lynched, because I was clearly out of my gourd.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 15, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »

I must say, I was highly pleased with the activity.  Seven pages in half of D1 in a 9p game is huge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »

Three people asked for replacements Jim, what the heck are we supposed to do?

How about not end the goddamned game right then and there?

I was gone for two fucking hours and then this happened.

Are you all telling me that without my constant presence the game descends to absolute shit the moment I am gone for two fucking hours?

Yes.  Set yourself up with a Jolt Cola IV drip, because you're no longer allowed to sleep.

Also, catheter.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:06 pm »

I must say, I was highly pleased with the activity.  Seven pages in half of D1 in a 9p game is huge.
It was rather impressive.
In one day, our scumchat was longer than the entire scumchat from the last game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2011, 07:21:04 pm »

Same, except using only the facial expressions on faces. I was promptly lynched, because I was clearly out of my gourd.

Eh, I'm terrible at reading facial expressions.  The main person in question looked away and covered his face as he said he was town--we were supposed to go around the circle and say so.  Hehehhehe.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:09 pm »

Exactly!

You don't just throw that away because you have three flighty noobs who aren't sure they want to play!

The game is stressful, especially for the first time. You have to stick it out. It gets better the more you play it, I promise it does.

I was gone for two fucking hours and then this happened.

Are you all telling me that without my constant presence the game descends to absolute shit the moment I am gone for two fucking hours?

Yes.  Set yourself up with a Jolt Cola IV drip, because you're no longer allowed to sleep.

Also, catheter.

Great.

I will be the coma IC. Everyone will huddle around my bed in the hospital, holding out hope that I'll finally come out of it, but there is no hope, as my brain lost all activity long ago and I'm being kept alive by life support machines.

Meanwhile, I'm making sure that stupid shit doesn't happen in Beginner's Games.

The life I always wanted!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2011, 07:33:59 pm »

I do wish we didn't end it. But shit happens.
3 nooblets leaving. 1 person thinking of leaving, and 1 IC that's inactive 98% of the time.

Still, it would have been a totally interesting game to end
The game is stressful, especially for the first time. You have to stick it out. It gets better the more you play it, I promise it does.
I believe this. So much. At first I was like "Meh." Then I was like "Oh man this is fun!" and then I was like "OMG Y U NO POST FASTER"
On top of that. Your acting as an IC for a game your not even in. So that's got to mean something. Right?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »

I also want to post this gem from scum chat.

ffschooler
07-14-2011
03:54 PM ET (US)
   I'm beginning to realize the easiest way to play scum is to convince myself that I am a town.

FFS has hit the nail on the head.  This is the single most important thing to do as scum- play as you would if you were town.

FFS, I'd hate to see you go- you have potential.  Flintus, IIRC you were in the BM I modded- I think you played pretty well there too, so any time you want to play, you're all welcome here.

Jim:  You just need one of those brain-typing things, and you'll be all set.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »

Exactly!

You don't just throw that away because you have three flighty noobs who aren't sure they want to play!

In my defense not only was I sure I wasn't having any fun and didn't like mafia at all (ESPECIALLY after reading through the last BM), but I also suggested to Darvi to just either replace or shorten the list. Continuing would certainly have been better.

Also, for brand recognition, get a Monster IV instead. If it doesn't kill you.

FFS, I'd hate to see you go- you have potential.

This is an illusion. I am just very good at arguing with assholes by being a different kind of asshole.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2011, 07:38:32 pm »

Gah. Sorry about not being here, the combination of being busy and EXPLODING THREAD made it hard to be useful. Will do better next time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2011, 07:39:16 pm »

This is an illusion. I am just very good at arguing with assholes by being a different kind of asshole.

That is a pretty good explanation of how to play mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2011, 07:39:48 pm »

FFS, I'd hate to see you go- you have potential.

That's pretty much how we roll here.  We're assholes ingame, but kinda cuddly outside.  Look at sweet widdle WUBAkins!  So cuddly!

* Toaster cuddles WUBA

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 15, 2011, 07:41:10 pm »

Then again, wubbsy is loveable in game too...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 15, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

Wuba deserves a little bit more credit, I think. He provided me with the best advice I'd ever gotten for mafia. He's a real asshero.

He needs to be in more RTDs.

Same with you, Max. And also vector! She's never in the RTDs.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30