Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wanderer's Of The Wasteland: Fallout Inspired PnP Game *WIP*  (Read 6058 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a game I have started working on based in the Fallout universe as it starts out (Backstory not finished yet) you, adn the other citizens of Rivet City have finally finished the repairs to your beautiful floating city, and funded by BoS you have decided to go out in search of other lands were people have rebuilt, or are rebuilding. With the help of the BoS soldiers on board you are to find these new lands, and help those in them by spreading the word of the BoS, and helping those in need rebuild. In this game you can play a merchant, a mercenary, a guard at Rivet City, or even a Brotherhood of Steel Scout who has been sent, hired, or willingly joined this mission to these new lands. You can help the people of Rivet City by guarding there home, or even by helping them expand it by building new facilities, and homes in this game there are only a few goals, and they may take a bit of time, but each is immense fun as you fight mutants, scavenge weapons, and even build robots this game will allow you to do many many things, and not all of the game is fighting unless you want it to be.

Map of the World
*Still Drawing this*

Factions
Spoiler: Brotherhood of Steel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enclave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light of the Divine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Hope Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fist of Chaos (click to show/hide)

More to Come.

Locations
Haven's Forest
Spoiler: North Haven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: East Haven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: West Haven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: South Haven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Haven (click to show/hide)

Raven's Gulf
Spoiler: Rivet City (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nerk's Point (click to show/hide)

Character Creation
Wanderer's Character Creation -

Name:
Race:
Spoiler: Human (click to show/hide)

Ghoul -

Super Mutant -

Bio:
Attributes:
Strength -
Agility -
Luck -
Perception -
Intelligence -
Personality -
Endurance -

Skills: Tag Two (Tagging Raises skill by Ten Points)
Barter -
Energy Weapons -
Explosives -
Big Guns -
Small Guns -
Lockpick -
Medicine -
Melee Weapons -
Construction -
Inventing -
Crafting -
Unarmed -
Science -
Sneak -
Speech -
Herbalism -
Trapping -
Hunting -
Cooking -
Driving -
Stealing -
Scavenging -
Tracking -

Spoiler: Attributes, and Skills (click to show/hide)

Perks: Choose 1

Status: (All the following may vary depending on your race, and stats)
Level 1
Xp - 0/100
HP - 0/20 (Add the rest of the Hp you gain to this)
Body Condition:
Head: 100/100
Right Arm: 100/100
Left Arm: 100/100
Left Leg: 100/100
Right Leg: 100/100
Torso: 100/100
Radiation - 0/1000
Hunger - 0/100
Thirst - 0/100
Tiredness - 0/100
Carrying Capacity - 0/85 (Add the Rest to this)
Movement Points - Varies

Leveling
You gain Xp every time you kill an enemy, and depending on the level, your dice roll, and your level the amount will vary. To calculate XP gain you roll 1d10, and if the enemy is a higher level than you add 50% of that to your base XP gain per level higher than you, but if the enemy is weaker than you divide XP you gain by 50% per level weaker than you. Every time you level up you will gain a base of 10 Skill points plus the amount given by your Int stat to divvy up between the skills you wish to put them in, and every two levels you gain you are allowed to choose a perk from a set list each perk will have a level requirement, and Attribute requirement that needs to be met for you to take that perk. When you level up the XP needed for your next level goes up in increments of 100. Ex: Lvl. 1 - Xp - 100, Lvl. 2 - Xp - 200, Lvl. 3 - Xp - 300, and so on, and so forth as the level you can obtain is not capped.

Items
Being Developed.

To Do List
No Where near Completion
Finish Map
Add Ghoul, and Super Mutant Races
Add Twenty Basic Starting Classes
Add Items
Add Class Development System
Add More Skills
Finish Backstory
Add Skill Descriptions
Add Stat Descriptions
Fiqure out which Stats Govern Which Skills
Add a Backstory to all factions, and add ten more factions
Add Twenty more Towns
Get Suggestions

Sorry about not having much to show at the moment, but I just started work on this, adn I wanted to get your guys suggestions, ideas, and advice on this while I work on it, and use this thread to keep you up to date with how my work is going.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:12:52 am by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Of The Wasteland: Fallout Inspired Pen, and Paper Game
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 02:48:44 am »

Reserved.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:49:42 am »

Reserved (Just in case)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:01:31 am »

Ugh based off Fallout 3 canon = do not want. Also this would more likely better fit in the 'Creative Projects' board like all the other ongoing projects by forum members
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:04:05 am by Tilla »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 03:09:44 am »

Ugh based off Fallout 3 canon = do not want. Also this would more likely better fit in the 'Creative Projects' board like all the other ongoing projects by forum members
Ok thanks for the tip, and its just based in the Fallout World it will not be Fallout only stuff of course a lot of stuff from the Fallout Universe will be in this.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Of The Wasteland: Fallout Inspired PnP Game *WIP*
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 03:58:22 am »

Note: I fail to see how a partially sunken ship that's been completely broken in half, missing a power source with enough force to move it, extremely rusted up and possibly missing quite a few pieces of it's hull can make it anywhere, even there was a shitload of flotation devices.

Otherwise, a noble effort, but I'm boat on Tilla on the Fallout 3 thing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:02:22 am by Phantom »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:08:00 am »

Note: I fail to see how a partially sunken ship that's been completely broken in half, missing a power source with enough force to move it, extremely rusted up and possibly missing quite a few pieces of it's hull can make it anywhere, even there was a shitload of flotation devices.

Otherwise, a noble effort, but I'm boat on Tilla on the Fallout 3 thing/
Well its just partially based off of Fallout 3 as the only factions, and familiar places showing up from it will be the Enclave, BoS, adn Rivet City, but the game will take place on a very large island in what used to be the Caribbeans, and as to how they got the ship to move again that will be explained in the Backstory, but if you have any advice please do give it to me.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 04:27:42 am »

I just frankly don't believe a 30,800 ton war machine of sea-based death could be moved anywhere with the level of manpower and recovered technology at that time.

Sure, you got power armor and a cheap ass mech that isn't as awesome as the Lagann, but do you have enough manpower to weld the other half of the damned ship back? Fix the leakage? Get enough flotation devices/scrap to help it back up? Hell, there's a bunch of things that need done before that thing has a chance of going a mile.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 04:41:53 am »

I just frankly don't believe a 30,800 ton war machine of sea-based death could be moved anywhere with the level of manpower and recovered technology at that time.

Sure, you got power armor and a cheap ass mech that isn't as awesome as the Lagann, but do you have enough manpower to weld the other half of the damned ship back? Fix the leakage? Get enough flotation devices/scrap to help it back up? Hell, there's a bunch of things that need done before that thing has a chance of going a mile.
I didn't say that they did it in a short time it took them about twenty years to get it up, and running plus they had plenty of scrap metal just look at all of the cars lying around.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 04:51:37 am »

Err, how exactly are they gonna make waterproof seals for the ship with those?
And to think of it, actually fix the bottom part. Unless they somehow drained the whole bay around it. And there's MORE.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:52 am »

Well once I have the Backstory worked out it will explain all (That it will be a completely different ship since now that you seem to be arguing that it is impossible I might as well just make it a different ship entirely)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 02:43:31 pm »

Look, if anyone could have repaired something like that, the USS Arizona would be busy floating about the Pacific. And the Tirpitz would have defended the beaches of Normandy.

At least finding an intact ship made sense.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »

You know there already is a fallout pnp game, right?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 01:48:21 am »

You know there already is a fallout pnp game, right?
Yep, but this is only partially inspired by Fallout

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:14:14 am »

Added Human Description, Starting Status (With no Stats Added), and Bonuses, also Added a To Do list, and a skills, and attributes section (No Descriptions Yet)
Pages: [1] 2