Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Let's Play... Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup!  (Read 32002 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play... Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup!
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2011, 04:02:07 pm »

Quote from: snake's learndb entry
Speed: 13

Pillar dancing probably wouldn't have helped much.

Though looking at it again, I guess you meant dancing th'gnoll and keeping the snake behind it. That... might have worked. If th'bugger hadn't been confused, heh. Well, and that line of rock had only been 1 tile wide on both sides, so the snake couldn't move around th'gnoll(s).

Going up against gnolls at lvl 4 with basically no armor and a +0 handaxe probably was just a bad idea all around :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »

Yeah, I meant just dancing the gnoll. If the snake jumps in front, smite it and continue dancing the gnoll. If the snake can get hits there, well, then jump in a hallway and spam smite. Or drink the potions and die, that's probably what I would of done at that point.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »

Actually, I already killed the snake. In retrospect, yeah, I should have pillar-danced or smited the gnoll.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2011, 09:49:34 am »

Update 17!

Scalemate the Draconian Crusader SKALD

Spoiler: Da Queue (click to show/hide)

Welcome back to our Let's Play of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. In this installment we'll be playing as Scalemate the DrSk (Draconian Skald). Now what's a Skald, you might ask? Basically a nerfed Crusader without the fun spells like Berserk Rage or Haste. Given that I had trouble playing with them before this nerf, I don't really think I'll be doing much better now. Also, I just had to change the software I use for taking pictures for this LP, so if the pictures look slightly different, keep that in mind. Shouldn't really be a problem, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scalemate, our newest hero, enters the Dungeon. I chose the mace as his weapon so that we can eventually use a demon whip (hey, I can dream). Shall we look at his skills?

This is a passable spread, I suppose. I'll probably turn off M&F when I hit min delay, but until then this will do.

As you can see, the fun spells are indeed gone. Don't get me wrong, Repel Missiles and Regeneration are nice spells, but it's still nothing compared to the old book. They added a new spell apparently, Shroud of Golubria. Apparently it absorbs damage until it breaks, or something, which might be interesting.

Our first enemy, a goblin. And some loot.

The level was actually pretty boring up to this, just a ton of weak monsters that died in one or two shots and weren't worth showing. Anyways, Level 2! We can maybe start learning some spells for once.

Our options. I'm actually not particularly sure what to learn, usually I pick up Freezing Aura for imps and snakes but the addition of the Shroud will probably shake this up. I think I'll actually pause here for this part of the update, what spells shall we learn?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2011, 10:39:45 am »

I haven't played the nerfed Crusaders yet, but I've heard Shroud of Globuria is rather underwhelming. Go for Freezing Aura, I say.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2011, 10:47:23 am »

Crusaders really needed the nerf. Get Shroud and Aura.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2011, 07:17:51 pm »

bump.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »

bump
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »

I just read the whole thread - would TrBe have survived if you have used ur tele scroll and then Beserked? The beserk would just have to tank the time it takes to kick in.

Suggestion: Deep elf Necro? I play them and was looking for your take on it.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2011, 10:27:29 am »

Sorry for killing this thread earlier, guys, but I got busy and some stuff ended up happening to my computer and wiped out my files. :( I would love to keep going but I don't really have the will to keep this going.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]