Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART VI: Full Circle  (Read 20213 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART I: The Slavenning
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 04:34:11 am »

MY TIME HAS ARRIVED!

If I don't finish this today, I may not be able to continue till next weekend. If this is the case, can someone finish my generation off?

E: Petrislav's son and Mihalo's grandson, Marko, is now the prince of Vidin, a 2 province principality under the Byzantines next to our territory. It took an assassination though, and we were discovered. I'd expected better since we now have a 17 intrigue spy master.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:38:22 am by Cheese »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 05:47:17 am »

Assasinations are terribly hard, regardless of the Spymaster.  To be blunt, the reason you succeeded is because you have a 17 Intrigue Spymaster.

But good news!  Since you assasinated someone, and were discovered, you can be sure that the family of the deceased will be sending assassins after YOU.  So, your turn will probably end quicker than you expected.

Still, you managed to get another principality into the dynasty via evil means.  You have earned my respect!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 06:16:23 am »

I'm not sure if he had family. I got Ragusa to become our vassal, they got into trouble with Genoa, so I figured they'd appreciate an actual army to help them out. Note that I'm only going to help them if Genoa actually send armies.

E: Ok, alliance with the Byzantines or not? They offered. Their empire is still fully intact but it might have collapsed and then reabsorbed itself.

I saved and accepted. If I get bombarded with calls to arms then I'm reloading and declining.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:25:59 am by Cheese »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A Crusader Kings Succession Game
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 06:36:24 am »

Byzantium!  ;D

Ooh, ooh, I wanna be the one that accidentally destroys the Kingdom! :D

I'm going for one of the Byzantine states, or ruler of Byzantium.

I'd say you've got at least two people that would vote for the alliance.  If anybody's gonna destroy Byzantium, it should be us!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 06:39:14 am »

I've sent a fosterling with 7 martial and potential to gain a lot more. With luck, he could end up on the inheritance line. Also, I went to war with Genoa since they sent armies to take Ragusa. Our 3.5k army vs their 3k army. Ours won. Feels good. It's expensive as hell though and we may have to chase their army down.

E: Ok, white peaced with Genoa about a year or 2 after all of their armies went home. We beat their armies and got a claim on a Genoan title, which we were too poor to pursue and has now mysteriously disappeared. This has all started a big rivalry between our Prince Petrislav and their governor/margrave, which is quickly growing to a rivalry between our whole states and all of our nobles. We have secured Ragusa as ours though.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:19:06 am by Cheese »

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 07:49:09 am »

We are using this patch, aren't we?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 07:59:53 am »

I think so.

Markos, the one who is the Prince of Vidin, is set to inherit Petrislav's throne as the prince of Raska. Does this mean that when he inherits, Raska will become part of the Byzantine empire or Vidin+Naissus will become part of Raska?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 08:06:48 am »

I think so.

Markos, the one who is the Prince of Vidin, is set to inherit Petrislav's throne as the prince of Raska. Does this mean that when he inherits, Raska will become part of the Byzantine empire or Vidin+Naissus will become part of Raska?

The first one. You always retain your current title and allegiance, unless the new title is a higher "tier". He will be the Prince of Vidin and Raska, and subservient to the Byzantine Emperor.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 08:15:08 am »

Buggery. Is everyone OK with being subservient to the Byzantines, or shall I change the inheritance laws? Keep in mind that if Markos inherits, we'll be a vassal to the Byz, but we should also be able to create the King of the Serbs title. Considering he'll have about 6 provinces, he may end up first in line for next emperor, or close to it.

Unless anyone has a problem, I'll probably just let Markos inherit. We can always try and break off, the empire shouldn't be too hard to fragment. If it goes well, the Vojeslavjevics could be the next dynasty on the Byzantine throne.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:18:58 am by Cheese »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:40 am »

I wouldn't worry about it. If the Serbian crown is available, that would peaceably break the vassalage, if someone chooses to do so.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 08:32:17 am »

I'm alright with being subservient to the Byzantines.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 08:44:17 am »

That's all good then. It's up to the next ruler anyway, aside from the inheritance.

E: How do I make the most of unmarried females? Like to get inheritance and stuff?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:02:54 am by Cheese »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 09:23:15 am »

Unmarried females should be married into the family if there's enough 3rd cousins, if not, marry them to minor nobles. With semisalic laws, non-family members can inherit through females.

Also, is the count of Vidin a Vojislavljevic?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:46 am »

The count of Vidin is not.

E: Principality of Vidin no longer Byzantine, so we won't be subservient when Markos inherits.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:55:29 am by Cheese »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7