Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART VI: Full Circle  (Read 20587 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART IV : Hranislav the Regent
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2011, 03:09:36 am »

Why would you not update to the beta patch anyway? ._. Paradox never stops calling them beta patches to absolve themselves of the blame.

Eastern Pope? :p

And just go Serbia. It's going to collapse without a firm hand at the rudder. D:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:18 am »

But...but...France is so...bigger.

Besides, I've figured out how to salvage France, and Serbia isn't really that bad off.  Or big enough to matter, really.

The glorious Kingdom of Serbia, for comparison:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 03:39:14 am »

And here is how I'd change things, the day after taking over Serbia.

More Princes means less angry vassals, and better reputation.  Now, only one vassal is "at risk".

And even that vassal's loyalty is on the uptick, thanks to the great Chancelor of Serbia.  4% boost in loyalty!

Note that the personal Demise is still large enough to put down any one dissident vassal.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2011, 10:23:38 am »

So are you playing France or Serbia?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2011, 11:09:14 am »

I was hoping for a bit more feedback on what people would prefer, actually.  Although, I'm leaning towards playing France.  The above screenshots are just to catalog their starting conditions.

Regardless, I'll be starting in a few hours.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2011, 12:45:32 pm »

You're using DVIP, right?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

You're using DVIP, right?

I think he is, otherwise the game would be flipping out methinks, because DVIP adds some new provinces and factions I think

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2011, 01:26:43 pm »

I assumed as such too. Serbia is a DVIP country, for instance, but I also wasn't sure if the game wasn't simply reading the save files. Since EuchreJack wasn't too keen on using the beta patch, I was just checking to see what else from the OP was being ignored.

Personally, I'd play as Serbia, but I don't like dealing with civil wars. France actually isn't in that terrible shape, all things considered, it just needs some... restructuring.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2011, 01:36:27 pm »

I say Serbia. If Raymond withers on the vine, so be it. We are slavs, not slaves!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »

Serbia indeed, it might fall apart if it's left to the AI.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

Hey are we still in line for Hungary? If so that could later be combined with Serbia to make a respectable Kingdom.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Combining with Serbia would leave us with Hungry Hungry Hungary.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART VII: Another boy king
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2011, 05:40:09 am »

Serbia has some family connection with the throne of Hungary.

EDIT: The below is fictional, as my game always crashes shortly after this.

Due to popular demand, I decided to play as the King of Serbia, specifically as the advisor to the King, in the guise of this fellow:

I'll probably give him a County, and turn the King over to the AI, once the King reaches 18.  But only if Serbia has grown in that time.

Here's what I've got so far:

Reign of Regent Tresimir The Rich: Advisor to the Second Boy King of Serbia

December 1129:
I advise the King to give up his Prince titles to doubting Counts as a sign of good faith.  Speaking of faith, I also advised giving our Diocese Bishop two counties of his own.  Our new vassal is disloyal, but that will change in time.  Once our boy king grows up, I hope to recieve a County of my own.  I note with irony that the Bishop's son is the King of France.  I can only assume he is praying for his poor boy's soul.

The King of Sicily asks us to join in alliance.  However, their current war with the King's cousin, the King of France, makes this impossible for us to accept.

End Fiction.  One month of play isn't worth uploading.

I'm playing with the latest Beta, DVIP, yet the game freezes up constantly just after I begin.  Therefore, I surrender my turn to the next player.  Sorry folks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's on the Crusaders King forum of Paradox.

Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?331766-DV-2.1-Beta-Patch-NEW-BETA-PATCH-released-on-15-October-2008&s=8752d527cbf0c14c2258097fbd75829b

And unfortunately, I'm unable to play my turn, as some game event that my system is unable to process keeps occuring.  I can run any of my games fine, but this savefile just doesn't work for me.  I truly hope the next player's turn works, and look forward to watching this Kingdom form, from the sidelines.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7