Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART VI: Full Circle  (Read 20158 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART VI: Full Circle
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:23:40 pm »

It's that time to backstab, marry, and generally be dicks again!
We'll be playing in DVIP, as it adds new kingdoms and a bunch of new events.

RULES:
After your ruler dies, you pass the game on.
You can only play again after 2 generations have passed (your great-grandkids)
You can play as ANY member of the dynasty (if your nephew, for example, becomes the King of France, the next person can play as the King of France. However, the person afterwards can choose to play as say, the county of Backwaterton.)

PLAYER LIST:
1. Inteuniso - Mihajlo, 1066-1070
2. Cheese - Petrislav, 1070-1101
3. RedKing - Vukan, 1101-1102
4. Silent Thunder - Hranislav, 1102-1118
5. RF - Uros, 1118-1129
6. Inteuniso - ,
7.Deadmeat1471 - ,
8. Cheese - ,

We begin our story in the humble Duchy of Rashka. It is 1066, and the Empire of Byzantium still stands strong. The infidel hordes knock on its' door, however.

This is not a story of the Byzantines, however. It is a story of a Serbian family, and how they came to power, fame, and gloreh.

This is the story of...

THE VOJISLAVLJEVICS

THE STORY SO FAR
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:59:56 am by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A Crusader Kings Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »

I'll play, but I have lots of things to do this weekend so don't put me second. Also I'm probably a bad player. I just hope not as bad a deadmeat :P

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:55 pm »

I'll play whenever :D I promise not to bankrupt the whole dynasty again.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:24 pm »

I'll play whenever.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:34:37 pm »

So we have volunteers, just no family yet. Who shall we play as, gentlemen? (I suggest a small county for added difficulty)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 11:19:54 pm »

So we have volunteers, just no family yet. Who shall we play as, gentlemen? (I suggest a small county for added difficulty)

Nubia.  :P

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:31:21 am »

Ooh, ooh, I wanna be the one that accidentally destroys the Kingdom! :D

I'm going for one of the Byzantine states, or ruler of Byzantium.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 05:53:06 am »

Inaction as King of Byzantium basically guarantees the death of Byzantium.  Just saying.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 10:56:10 am »

I have made a command decision... and we are playing as the Duchy of Rashka.

Namely, the Serbian Mihajlo Vojislavljevic. Best last name ever.

I'll try to have his rise to gloreh up by tonight.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART I: Meet the Vojislavljevics
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:21 am »

I'll take the sixth slot, though I may not be able to play when it comes to me.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Gloreh: A CK Succession Game PART I: The Slavenning
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 12:56:25 pm »

RISE TO GLOREH
PART I: The Slavenning

My name is Mihajlo Vojislavljevic. I am the Duke of Rashka. I answer to the Pope in Rome, and my zealous brother looks poorly on me for it. It is the year of our Lord 1070, and I write these chronicles from my deathbed.

In 1066, I began to make actions that will hopefully benefit my son in the future. I offered vassalization to the puny republic of Ragusa, which they stoutly refused. I made Vladimir, my 36 year old son my steward, as both he and his cousin were equally incompetent at the job. I told my Castle Quartermaster to try to find something better for the peasants, as cloth does not protect from arrows very well. I found brides for my unmarried relatives, one of them a master steward, managing to coax every last ducat out of the minor nobility. The Pope, whom I respect but do not admire, asked me to try to convert MY son, forcibly. While I love my Pope, I decided that it would be better to have an orthodox brother than a dead one. The Pope promptly declared me a heretic, which I still am up to these final days.

I sent one of my young relatives to Ragusa, hoping to make them friendlier to the cause of joining the great Duchy. While pondering what to do next, it suddenly dawned on me that God had placed me on this throne. I told all the minor nobility of this, and they realized they were living under one of God's Chosen. As a benefit of improved relations, the Magistrate of Ragusa invited me on a hunting trip, which I heartily agreed to. While we did not become friends, we each held each other in better respect.

In foreign courts, the new Emperor of the Eastern Romans, the late Emperor's son, is a personal rival to the Sultan of the Mighty Seljuk Turks. I fear that the mighty Empire that has been our bulwark will not last.

In 1068, the Steward became ill, with coughing and sneezing. The Apothecary gave her the finest Herbs we have available in Rashka, but it did not help. In August of 1068, I had raised enough funds to hire workers for a mine in the nearby hills. By 1069, it was mining metals that greatly improved our income. Later in 1068, my spymaster informed me that he had engineered a fake complot, which made my only vassal, my youngest son, more loyal to me. Meanwhile, my overly zealous brother had begun to tire of his lower position than mine, and demanded compensation, or he would leave. Seeing through his empty threat, I told him I simply had nothing to spare. By July of 1069, my Quartermaster had news of a recent development. He had discovered how to sew tanned pig hides  together to make a sort of leather armor. I congratulated him on work, and promptly sent him back to his office, a tiny room smelling of sausage.

The Romans were quickly falling apart by this time, with multiple Principalities falling apart. Even at peace, the once great Empire did not stand against the multiple ambitions of the greedy princes. in the Spring, some dim-witted farmers decided the black, shriveled seeds would provide a good harvest, claiming they were "late bloomers", or something along those lines. It, however, did not work out, as about half of the crop harvest has refused to grow.

My ill steward, wife to one of my relatives, became angry at me, partly because of my accused heresy and partly because I am Catholic. I told her to get out of my court for the day.

With enough Ducats, we set up a forestry, to cut down the lush timber along the Adriatic coastline. It shall surely quicken the construction of other buildings. The local priests discovered Ascetism, a discovery that does not benefit me at all. This happened a few months before I lie here today.

I hope my son will read this, and not repeat any mistakes I have done. I wish him luck, in ruling, and rising to glory.

There is the save game. You can choose to play as either the Duchy of Rashka, ruled by the Son of Mihajlo, or the county of Hum, ruled by the Grandson of Mihajlo.

Choose wisely, as we contine our...
RISE TO GLOREH

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 01:04:22 pm »

That was short lived rulership, but quite a good description nonetheless.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »

Add me to that, my current game with the Ua Mordhas of Ireland is starting to get stressful. A new crisis tearing apart the realm every ruler.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:25 pm »

Hm... I guess I should reinstall (double install?) the game and attach the DVIP to one.  :P
But I fear I'm much too lazy to do that.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7